I kissed another girl last night Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I'll cut the story short, have been with my Mrs now for 2 years almost but last night I was out on the session and ended up going back to our area in the van (we sat in the back) some girl wouldn't leave me alone, i was ****ed and trying to sleep, she kept waking me up and pulling my face towards hers and telling me to not fall asleep. In the end we ended up kissing, nothing else happened and after we got back to where we were going she was all over my friend.

I told her no I have a girlfriend and she seemed to respect that.

However now I feel guilty, no one knows about this as NO ONE saw us, do you think I should say anything?
jamesthehustler
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I'll cut the story short, have been with my Mrs now for 2 years almost but last night I was out on the session and ended up going back to our area in the van (we sat in the back) some girl wouldn't leave me alone, i was ****ed and trying to sleep, she kept waking me up and pulling my face towards hers and telling me to not fall asleep. In the end we ended up kissing, nothing else happened and after we got back to where we were going she was all over my friend.

However now I feel guilty, no one knows about this as NO ONE saw us, do you think I should say anything?
no but that could be the sociopath in me speaking
L'Evil Wolf
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
you call that an intro pffffttt
Anonymous #2
Report 3 years ago
Should be fine, bet she's done the same. Just don't mention it to her
Jazzyboy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes, just explain what happened to her. If she leaves you after that, you were never meant to be together; because problems like that will probably occur occasionally throughout your life and if she can't deal with it, then you're going to have a very hard time in future.
User2650803
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

I think you should. The guilt will eat away at you and you'll feel better for telling her. A good relationship is based on honesty and truth.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I just feel so bad and I know it would crush her I genuinely do not know why I did it! I'm hating myself right now and feeling guilty as ever.

Ahhhhhh man
MiracleLeaf
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You can't lie to her. If you don't tell her now, she'll find out in the future - it's bound to happen. If she finds out in a few months, she'll be upset that you didn't tell her sooner. As long as you make sure to tell her this girl wouldn't leave you alone, but you refused her, she should be okay
Jazzyboy
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I just feel so bad and I know it would crush her I genuinely do not know why I did it! I'm hating myself right now and feeling guilty as ever.

Ahhhhhh man
From what I understood, you didn't do it o.O
Or did you actually initiate the kissing? Because otherwise, you didn't do it so there's nothing to feel guilty about.
HFBS
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If you do tell your gf, point out that drunk girl would obviously have kissed whoever was in the back seat with her, and that your mate was the one she picked on in the end.
Mutmit287
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Sorry to hear about this, Honestly this has happened to me with my boyfriend (of 4 years) in the past and I really respected his honesty!

He was at a club and totally gone, on the floor kinda drunk, and because all his mates decided they were going to wander off, he ended up with another really drunk girl who came onto him, before he had chance to react he was pulled off her. He explained everything to me the next day and yes I was hurt at first, but take the bigger picture, if you didnt mean it, and if you can prove to her that you didnt, then she is likely to forgive you. It also seems like you didnt initiate the kiss, which is a sign that it wasnt really your fault, explain the girl just came onto you and everyone else.

everyone makes mistakes but I dont see the point of throwing something so good away for one little mistake (I mean it happened during freshers week as well). It took me a while to get over it because it was freshers week and we were 250 miles apart, so communication lacked and I was struggling to settle in which meant we argued a lot and I would always bring it up (stupid of me but i cant change the past), but now were better than ever.

circumstance and honesty is key here, and try not to play it down to much, that will annoy the heck out of her. just be open and honest, and apologise.

As for the people telling you to keep this from here as it will cause distrust in the realtionship... Imagine the distrust she will have for you if she finds out later down the line. I respected my boyfriend massively for telling me!
Slazenger
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
if you tell her what happened, you're an idiot.

it will completely taint the relationship. even if she does decide that she wants to stick around, she'll always have doubts as to whether you've told her the whole truth; there'll be lingering thoughts that you went further/initiated/etc. if you tell her, you poison the relationship, if you don't tell her there's a very good chance she never finds out. it was a drunken kiss for god sake, don't ruin a two year relationship over something so trivial.

realtalk. not stupid advice from 12-year-olds who like to moralise on tsr.
Rochellc01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
If your on here telling us then there is a good chance you already feel guilty.

If you dont then thats upto you. IMO I would just chalk it upto experience, It was only a kiss, plenty of people make mistakes and if you tell her it will only make her feel bad and create distrust within the relationship. I know most on here wont like this but what she doesnt know wont hurt her, just dont do it again obviously.
BTS_ARMY_XOXO
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Then why did you kiss her instead of repelling her away? It's your fault :/ you sort your own situation out, dude. Your problem, not anyone else's.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Jazzyboy)
Yes, just explain what happened to her. If she leaves you after that, you were never meant to be together; because problems like that will probably occur occasionally throughout your life and if she can't deal with it, then you're going to have a very hard time in future.
Worst advice ever.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

Ahhhhhh man
Bro. Relax. Seriously. Is she pregnant? No. Because guess what. You can't impregnate someone with your ****ing lips. So just sober up, shut the hell up and move on. No one saw. No one knows. This bird you won't see again, will you? Just put it behind you.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 years ago

This may fly in the face of what you're meant to believe, but do not tell her. No one saw it, which means no one knows what happens but you and some random drunk girl who (presumably) can barely remember what happened, much less is going to tell your other half about it. Which means that asides from you telling her, she need never know what happened.

You said it was a drunken mistake, and you feel torn up by the guilt of it. But your other half is fine. If you tell her what happened, you're doing it to make yourself feel better, and it will leave her feeling awful. That isn't noble, it's selfish. Obviously I'm not condoning cheating; it's a horrible thing that happened. But if there is no other way your missus will find out, then the only way she gets hurt is if you tell her. Sure, you'll be racked with guilt for a while. Consider that the price you pay for what you did. But there is no reason to hurt your partner as well.
Anonymous #3
Report 3 years ago

Ahhhhhh man
That sums it up. Right now, you feel like **** but she's perfectly fine. Why should she have to shoulder the burden of your mistake?
username2471155
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago

The truth will come out sooner or later, it's your move.
uberteknik
  • Study Helper
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Keep it your secret. Telling your gf will make her feel lousy and make you feel better. It's your mistake so live with it.

You seem genuinely remorseful but actions speak louder than words. If it ever happens again, you need to ask yourself whether you are truly committed to your relationship and fess up. Otherwise make sure it never does happen again - even of you are drunk and trying to sleep.

Now get on with your life.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (204)
62.2%
Yes- I don't like it (12)
3.66%
No- I want it (89)
27.13%
No- I don't want it (23)
7.01%

Watched Threads