The Student Room Group

How to deal with a rejection from a boy?

Hi
Ok so this is quite complicated, so am going to try and explain it the best i can. Basically there is this boy that i work and go to college with. Over the last few months we have become best friends. There are a lot of rumours going round at work that we are dating when we arent. However whilst at work yesterday another member of staff told me that my friend really liked me. I said i dont think that he does as he would have told me. So i decided to ask him once i finished work over fb messenger if he liked me. He said no, he doesnt fancy me. He then said that he has seen a few of my tweets about feelings and asked whether they were directed to him. I said yes i have had feelings for him, but im fine with being friends.
He then replied with a load of confusing Gifs. He then said that he found it weird. I then replied to him saying i dont want this friendsip to end because of this. He then replied with "its fine :smile:" and i said are we still friends? He replied with "yes" which is weird as usually puts a kiss at the end of evey message and says yeah instead of yes.

Im very confused and dont know what to do. I dont want to bug him today about it as i want to move on, but i still dont truly know if we are ok. Also i had such strong feelings for him and i loved him so much, and for them to be crushed like that has broken me. I have never had a boyfriend before and am nearly 19. He is the closest ive ever had to a boyfriend and really thought that he could be the one. Now he has said he didnt fancy me, im wondering if i will ever find someone that loves me.
Any advice?xx
Welcome to the "friend-zone" - or so they say. :frown:

No but seriously, leave him for a bit (maybe a couple of days) and then try to approach him again as casually as possible (maybe after work or whatever).

As for your last point, you don't need to worry that you won't ever find someone who loves you, as you've still got a lot of life to live. So be optimistic, and see this as a bit of a.. learning curve.

If that makes sense.
I agree with @fractite 100%

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
Hi
Ok so this is quite complicated, so am going to try and explain it the best i can. Basically there is this boy that i work and go to college with. Over the last few months we have become best friends. There are a lot of rumours going round at work that we are dating when we arent. However whilst at work yesterday another member of staff told me that my friend really liked me. I said i dont think that he does as he would have told me. So i decided to ask him once i finished work over fb messenger if he liked me. He said no, he doesnt fancy me. He then said that he has seen a few of my tweets about feelings and asked whether they were directed to him. I said yes i have had feelings for him, but im fine with being friends.
He then replied with a load of confusing Gifs. He then said that he found it weird. I then replied to him saying i dont want this friendsip to end because of this. He then replied with "its fine :smile:" and i said are we still friends? He replied with "yes" which is weird as usually puts a kiss at the end of evey message and says yeah instead of yes.

Im very confused and dont know what to do. I dont want to bug him today about it as i want to move on, but i still dont truly know if we are ok. Also i had such strong feelings for him and i loved him so much, and for them to be crushed like that has broken me. I have never had a boyfriend before and am nearly 19. He is the closest ive ever had to a boyfriend and really thought that he could be the one. Now he has said he didnt fancy me, im wondering if i will ever find someone that loves me.
Any advice?xx

Lol your post is textbook female overthinking.

Men are not like women. Emotions are not some complex muddled web for us, and we dont say one thing but mean another like women do.

If he said its ok, it means its ok (especially if he's not interested in you). Just relax and stop overthinking things.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 4
Well I'm 19, so are you saying no girl will ever like because no girls have shown interest in me thus far? (probably, but still lol).

I know it can be emotionally painful since you're so attached to him. It is extremely rare to find 'the one' at such a young age, and he definitely is not 'the one' since he doesn't even like you romantically! 'The one' will be just as interested in you as you are in them. Sorry if I'm coming off as harsh but I've been in your shoes and what helped me get through it was completely cutting off communication with that person, since I couldn't be with her then I know I couldn't keep talking to her because it was killing me inside and I couldn't bear it. I couldn't remain friends with that girl.

So it's up to you if you choose to remain friends with him, but don't dwell on him, you need to move on and start talking to other guys. I'm sure it's only a matter of time before one shows interest in you. Keep your head up :smile:
story of every guys life lul
Reply 6
Give him space.And then after a time reignite the friendship.
Reply 7
Hi everyone, thanks for your replies. However me and my friend have been messaging each other during the day just like we would have before yesterday. So i dont think that cutting him out of my life is going to work. I think i will always have some feelings for him but at least i do know that for now, we are not meant to be in a relationship.I havent met up with him yet so dont know how that is going to go but yeah, hopefully we can start getting back to normal. As for talking to other guys, i dont think that will happen any time soon as every other guy i know is in a relationship so that isnt an option either😂

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending