Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    I've had chickenpox for the past 3 days now, and my exams start on the 8th. I have applied for extenuating circumstances and have got a doctors note stating my problem. What would happen if I'm unable to sit my exam on the 8th due to me having chicken pox? Do I get my predicted grade for the exam I missed, or is it my mock grade?
    Online

    18
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAstro)
    I've had chickenpox for the past 3 days now, and my exams start on the 8th. I have applied for extenuating circumstances and have got a doctors note stating my problem. What would happen if I'm unable to sit my exam on the 8th due to me having chicken pox? Do I get my predicted grade for the exam I missed, or is it my mock grade?
    Idk but all I know is you're one lucky mo focka (That's my name wink wink)
    Offline

    21
    Maybe they'll make you do the exam in quarantine?
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAstro)
    I've had chickenpox for the past 3 days now, and my exams start on the 8th. I have applied for extenuating circumstances and have got a doctors note stating my problem. What would happen if I'm unable to sit my exam on the 8th due to me having chicken pox? Do I get my predicted grade for the exam I missed, or is it my mock grade?
    If you've had chicken pox for 3 days already and are well enough to be posting on TSR then I would be amazed if you weren't fit to take an exam on 8th. (My son was hospitalised with chicken pox but absolutely fine apart from some spots 5 days later). If you still might be contagious then they might put you in a room on your own but you should be fine. (They don't collect predicted grades or mock grades but base your grade on the unit(s) that you have done, which have to be at least 50% of the qualification and include at least one A2 paper for A level).
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Compost)
    If you've had chicken pox for 3 days already and are well enough to be posting on TSR then I would be amazed if you weren't fit to take an exam on 8th. (My son was hospitalised with chicken pox but absolutely fine apart from some spots 5 days later). If you still might be contagious then they might put you in a room on your own but you should be fine. (They don't collect predicted grades or mock grades but base your grade on the unit(s) that you have done, which have to be at least 50% of the qualification and include at least one A2 paper for A level).

    I'm in bed posting this, but the reason I asked because the doctor said it could take up to 2 weeks for me to recover. My chicken pox is quite bad, it's literally everyone and is itching, I also have it in inside my throat which is making it very difficult to eat. Chicken pox in adults is also much worse, than young children so I doubt I will be able to recover as quickly as your son did.

    The exam is worth 60% of my A2 for the subject, with the other 40% being coursework. How will my grade be calculated for this? Let me know if you can.
    • Thread Starter
    Offline

    9
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Federerr)
    Idk but all I know is you're one lucky mo focka (That's my name wink wink)
    I'd much rather sit the exam then miss it, and I'm also unable to revise because I'm in such discomfort.
    Offline

    14
    ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAstro)
    I'm in bed posting this, but the reason I asked because the doctor said it could take up to 2 weeks for me to recover. My chicken pox is quite bad, it's literally everyone and is itching, I also have it in inside my throat which is making it very difficult to eat. Chicken pox in adults is also much worse, than young children so I doubt I will be able to recover as quickly as your son did.

    The exam is worth 60% of my A2 for the subject, with the other 40% being coursework. How will my grade be calculated for this? Let me know if you can.
    If chicken pox in adults is always so much worse then why aren't you in hospital? Like all things, it varies. You still have 9 days before the exam so I'm sure you'll be able to do it by then even if you aren't 100% fit - people do exams in hospital hours after appendectomies, this is only chicken pox.
 
 
 
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Help with your A-levels

    All the essentials

    The adventure begins mug

    Student life: what to expect

    What it's really like going to uni

    Rosette

    Essay expert

    Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

    Uni match

    Uni match

    Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

    Study planner

    Create a study plan

    Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

    Study planner

    Resources by subject

    Everything from mind maps to class notes.

    Hands typing

    Degrees without fees

    Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

    A student doing homework

    Study tips from A* students

    Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

    Study help links and info

    Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

    Sponsored content:

    HEAR

    HEAR

    Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

    Groups associated with this forum:

    View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

    You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

  • The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

    Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

    Write a reply...
    Reply
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.