Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Post-interview rejection - Medicine watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,
    I got rejected after interview and got 4 rejections so I'm reapplying. I was advised (by more than 1 person) not to reapply to med schools which rejected me after the interview. Anyone know why this is the case? I would have thought I could use the med school's feedback to work on my weaknesses, for a stronger interview next time round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nayzar)
    Hi,
    I got rejected after interview and got 4 rejections so I'm reapplying. I was advised (by more than 1 person) not to reapply to med schools which rejected me after the interview. Anyone know why this is the case? I would have thought I could use the med school's feedback to work on my weaknesses, for a stronger interview next time round.
    because many med schools (i'm not sure if ALL are like this or only somel) state that if they rejected you after interview, they won't consider your application again, so it'll be a waste of an option, check for your schools

ReputationRep:
    I'm surprised by this, particularly as many medical schools will openly admit that they have to reject candidates that they would have happily taken if they had more places. I would have thought that candidates rejected after interview were precisely the ones they would want to re-apply as they at least made it through shortlisting. If this really is now a "thing", I would just email those medical schools you are applying to again to check that a second application wouldn't be disadvantaged. My guess is that most will just receive your application blind a second time around and won't have any mechanism to check whether or not you are a re-applicant.

ReputationRep:
    This is only the case with a couple schools (I think Nottingham is one of them). The vast majority of schools would happily accept a reapplication from someone who was rejected post-interview from their school. Trust me I know, I applied 3 times

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 31, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.