Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I think I am going to fail on one of my module on semester2 exam. Can I have a chance to resit the exam or I am going to repeat straight?
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    a. In order to progress to Part II of the degree programme, students must achieve honours -equivalent standard in the Part I examinations. For an individual unit this requires a mark of 40%. In assessing overall performance in Part I, one mark below 40% will be condoned provided it is not in a core unit for the student's degree programme, and provided the aggregate across 8 units is at least 315. Core units for each programme are as specified in the Faculty Part I booklet. Some Departments may designate all Part I units as being 'core'.

b. Students failing to satisfy the examiners will be required to retake all units in which they have secured less than 40%.
    http://www.calendar.soton.ac.uk/arch...XII/part1.html

I believe this is the rule.
    So the answer is if its a core unit, then they can overlook it. If its a core unit, then you will just resit it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.