Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    The Core 1 Edexcel CGP book wasn't really helpful for this year's exam. Could you please advise me on which maths books to purchase to be able to achieve a good grade in C1, C2,C3 and C4.
    • Very Important Poster

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    (Original post by mathstudent1995)
    The Core 1 Edexcel CGP book wasn't really helpful for this year's exam. Could you please advise me on which maths books to purchase to be able to achieve a good grade in C1, C2,C3 and C4.
    http://www.madasmaths.com/archive_iy...ce_papers.html

Madasmaths is a good,free resource to use, as is exam solutions and solomon papers as well as all of the past papers.

I think the text book is good in my opinion, loads of questions to practice and explanations are almost always straightforward.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.physicsandmathstutor.com/maths-revision/#
    This is a really good website as well it has notes for all the maths modules and loads of exam papers on it like the website SeanFM suggested.

https://mathswebsite.com/login
    This is also another good website, I didn't really use it that much but my teachers suggested it as there are videos and checklists on their for things you might not know how to do.

I don't really know much about books as I just used the textbooks they gave us I don't really see the point in revision guides for maths as I just do past papers but the websites are good and free to use. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mathstudent1995)
    textbooks have a rather limited use - regardless of your maths ability past papers are the most effective and straightforward way to get the best grades at AS/A level

ReputationRep:
    Thanks everyone for the reply.

I thought the past papers were good enough to pass this year's exam (core 1),however, as you must have heard, this years exam was totally different from any previous past papers (Edexcel).

Please advise me on maths textbooks for self-studies.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.