Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I seem to have real issues with getting a mascara which stays put and doesn't leave me with 'panda eyes' within hours. I've tried 24 Hr mascara and waterproof mascara, in brands such as Urban Decay and Clinique as well as drug store options, and as a student I'm getting to have had enough of wasting my money on products that aren't working for me. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks guys!

ReputationRep:
    MAC zoom lash

tbh i struggle more with top liner than mascara

ReputationRep:
    As far as I've heard oily skin doesn't helps -- do you have that problem? I've heard good things about tube mascara for this issue, might be worth taking a look

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou for the replies. mariam687 I have found a really good waterproof pencil which seems to work for my eyeliner, and I'll read some reviews on the Mac. cuppa I actually have usually really dry skin if anything! I'll look that up though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687)
    MAC zoom lash

tbh i struggle more with top liner than mascara
    Same here-my top liner goes a bit wonky at times-so now I am soo used to doing it very thickly

ReputationRep:
    Try a water proof one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Esther98)
    Thankyou for the replies. mariam687 I have found a really good waterproof pencil which seems to work for my eyeliner, and I'll read some reviews on the Mac. cuppa I actually have usually really dry skin if anything! I'll look that up though

np, anytime xoxo

ReputationRep:
    Try a lash primer. I have one from urban decay and it stops my mascara from running. I got it in a gift set with a few other things so not sure on the price.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    With you having dry skin, I'm assuming you moisturise? Try not to put it around your eyes, the moisture travels upwards so you only need to go as high up as the top of your cheekbones, the moisturiser can interfere with your mascara

ReputationRep:
    I used to have this exact problem - every mascara and/or eyeliner, no matter how 'waterproof' or 'smudgeproof' would always leave me with panda eyes at some point in the day. I think it's just a case of trying things out and finding what works for you but obviously that can get expensive aha.

I use Barry M Lash Vegas (the waterproof one) and it is honestly the best mascara I've used. I can go swimming in it, wash my face, have a good old cry and nothing budges it. No panda eyes! The only problem is it can be a bit clumpy but if you use any kind of eye primer/lash primer (even a cheap one) then it looks totally amazing. Also make sure you have a good eye makeup remover to get it off.

For eyeliner I use always use liquid liner now because I can't get pens or gel to stay. I use Essence liquid ink eyeliner in waterproof (costs about £2.50 and lasts forever) and it goes on and does not budge. Really easy to do nice designs as well as the brush is really precise.

I have also started using Makeup Revolution Aqua Seal eye primer for when I go out (costs like £3 from superdrug) and I can honestly say that I've woken up after a heavy night out with perfect looking eyes thanks to that!

In total you can get all this stuff for about a tenner and it lasts for ages.

Good luck finding something that works for you

ReputationRep:
    What eyeliner pencil do you use?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I seem to have real issues with getting a mascara which stays put and doesn't leave me with 'panda eyes' within hours. I've tried 24 Hr mascara and waterproof mascara, in brands such as Urban Decay and Clinique as well as drug store options, and as a student I'm getting to have had enough of wasting my money on products that aren't working for me. Does anyone have any advice?

Thanks guys!
    Easy!!! The rimmel scandale eyes mascara is by far my favourite although i already have long lashes they are always flat as are so long. I needed a mascara that was strong enough to hold them up all day without having to put another coat on every couple of hours so that by the end of the day i had about 20 coats on and was all clumpy. This mascara is amazing and is so strong nothing will even think of smudging! Lol hope this helped!!! Literally it will not move all day but is still easy to wash off at night instead of having to literally scrap it off with a shovel!....which would be very painful and time consuming ha ha ☺☺☺

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.