Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey I'm basically wondering if I will be able to cope with A2 biology as I am a C grade student aiming to get a C in bio AS. How hard is the step up in biology ?? I'm kinda stuck doing it next year becaus I dropped my 4th subject.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ASNinja98)
    Hey I'm basically wondering if I will be able to cope with A2 biology as I am a C grade student aiming to get a C in bio AS. How hard is the step up in biology ?? I'm kinda stuck doing it next year becaus I dropped my 4th subject.
    Thanks
    From my experience, I've seen students get a grade B for AS to an A after A2. I've also seen those who got an A for AS but only managed to get, after A2, an overall of C for Biology.

So it doesn't really prove anything, it just depends on how well you understand the syllabus because whatever you've learned in AS will provide your foundation for A2. I do think theres a stark difference in terms of workload, and how much you have to learn in such a short amount of time. You also have to apply your knowledge from day 1 to answer some tricky questions in the exam.

However, the thing is if i had to compare, I love the A2 syllabus more as the topics were more elaborate and I've understood them a lot better. I can't predict if you'd be able to cope with the syllabus but one thing for sure is, its not impossible. I suggest you start polishing your AS now before you move on to A2 because trust me you might need it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.