Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

English Grade Boundaries watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the marks for English language.

The control assessment worths 40% and is out of 80 marks. I've got 62/80

So I was wondering how many marks do I need to get in the exam that worths 60% to get a C?

My teacher said we need 40/80 in the exam to get a C, but I don't know if that's correct or not since it seems a bit too low, she also mentioned that since I got a pretty good mark for my control assessment, getting just below 40 will still be enough to get a C for me...

So if anyone can help me out that would be great!! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomlamcw)
    Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the marks for English language.

The control assessment worths 40% and is out of 80 marks. I've got 62/80

So I was wondering how many marks do I need to get in the exam that worths 60% to get a C?

My teacher said we need 40/80 in the exam to get a C, but I don't know if that's correct or not since it seems a bit too low, she also mentioned that since I got a pretty good mark for my control assessment, getting just below 40 will still be enough to get a C for me...

So if anyone can help me out that would be great!! Thank you
    http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/sta...-JUNE-2015.PDF

^ Those have the grade boundaries for last year and 40/80 is indeed a C!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply, so all I need to get is 40/80? Even if I got nothing on the control assessment? That's the main point I don't get?! They said 40 marks.. but what do you need for the control assessment?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for your reply, so all I need to get is 40/80? Even if I got nothing on the control assessment? That's the main point I don't get?! They said 40 marks.. but what do you need for the control assessment?
    With the marks you got in your controlled assessment, 40/80 would give you about a B overall You would not get a C if you just got 40/80 on the exam alone with no coursework.

ReputationRep:
    You helped me clear out the question on my head for decades! Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    You helped me clear out the question on my head for decades! Thanks!
    Glad I could help

ReputationRep:
    what about the foundation tier? How many marks needed in foundation?

ReputationRep:
    Aim for higher!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 6, 2016
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.