The Student Room Group

English Grade Boundaries

Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the marks for English language.

The control assessment worths 40% and is out of 80 marks. I've got 62/80

So I was wondering how many marks do I need to get in the exam that worths 60% to get a C?

My teacher said we need 40/80 in the exam to get a C, but I don't know if that's correct or not since it seems a bit too low, she also mentioned that since I got a pretty good mark for my control assessment, getting just below 40 will still be enough to get a C for me...

So if anyone can help me out that would be great!! Thank you
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by tomlamcw
Hey everyone I was wondering if anyone can help me out with the marks for English language.

The control assessment worths 40% and is out of 80 marks. I've got 62/80

So I was wondering how many marks do I need to get in the exam that worths 60% to get a C?

My teacher said we need 40/80 in the exam to get a C, but I don't know if that's correct or not since it seems a bit too low, she also mentioned that since I got a pretty good mark for my control assessment, getting just below 40 will still be enough to get a C for me...

So if anyone can help me out that would be great!! Thank you

http://filestore.aqa.org.uk/over/stat_pdf/AQA-GCSE-GDE-BDY-JUNE-2015.PDF

^ Those have the grade boundaries for last year and 40/80 is indeed a C!
Reply 2
Thanks for your reply, so all I need to get is 40/80? Even if I got nothing on the control assessment? That's the main point I don't get?! They said 40 marks.. but what do you need for the control assessment?
Thanks for your reply, so all I need to get is 40/80? Even if I got nothing on the control assessment? That's the main point I don't get?! They said 40 marks.. but what do you need for the control assessment?

With the marks you got in your controlled assessment, 40/80 would give you about a B overall :smile: You would not get a C if you just got 40/80 on the exam alone with no coursework.
Reply 4
You helped me clear out the question on my head for decades! Thanks!
You helped me clear out the question on my head for decades! Thanks!

Glad I could help :smile:
what about the foundation tier? How many marks needed in foundation?
Aim for higher!!

Quick Reply