Turn on thread page Beta

question in regards to root into health and social care? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, first post here, I am a older person looking for a root into health and social care, just looking at what my limited options are. I am considering the following options.

A-Level Health and Social care
    GCSE Maths (as I have this at grade D)

NCFE Health and Social Care
    GCSE Maths

Now I am not sure what my best option would be, either way I would complete the A level online.. I found this company not sure how good they are http://www.uklearningcollege.co.uk/h...rse-p-315.html
    how long to A-levels take to complete? and is this option even worthy as I do not plan to go to uni and again I am mature (mid 20s) I was looking at the NVQ but as I do not have a work placement so don't believe its possible. I essentially want to move.

ReputationRep:
    Hi, you could indeed take the A level in HSC course online with the mentioned college, which you can complete in up to 12 months.
    Another option would be to start working in a care home and enrol for NVQ 2, then progress to NVQ 3 (which is equivalent of A- level, in case you change your mind and want to go into further study). The advantage of this route is that you would gain lots of practical experience (if you don' t have already) alongside the theoretical knowledge and qualifications. Then you will be in a better place to decide which role to pursue later.
    You can find more useful information on ThinkCare Careers website, inclusive regarding apprenticeships.
    I hope it helps.
    Good luck!:goodluck:

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Quick links:

Unanswered Health and Emergency services Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.