The Student Room Group

Im not happy as a muslim

I really do believe in Islam
But I'm just never happy being known as a muslim, I have so many restrictions on my life, I'm not allowed to socially interact with non muslims by my parents orders and my muslim friends encourage me not to. I don't have any non muslim friends but they seem so nice on the streets and just in public.

I don't like to interact with my muslims they always make me more depressed than I already am.

are there any non muslims here who would like to converse with me, Id really like to know what makes you happy

Scroll to see replies

So what you mean is ''I'm not happy with my backwards restrictive non-Islamic parents''
Original post by Anonymous
But I'm just never happy being known as a muslim, I have so many restrictions on my life, I'm not allowed to socially interact with non muslims by my parents orders and my muslim friends encourage me not to. I don't have any non muslim friends but they seem so nice on the streets and just in public.

I don't like to interact with my muslims they always make me more depressed than I already am.

are there any non muslims here who would like to converse with me, Id really like to know what makes you happy

Wait it doesn't mean if your a Muslim then you cannot socially interact with non-muslims, Maybe thats just your parents not wanting you too, but there is restriction where it says you cant be friends with non-muslims if you get me.
ur not one of them non muslims trolls pretending to be a muslim are u :holmes:

they, like me, also have difficulty with capital letters and grammar :yep:
I'm not allowed to socially interact with non muslims by my parents orders and my muslim friends encourage me not to. I don't have any non muslim friends but they seem so nice on the streets and just in public.

Wtf
Reply 5

The real question is why do you believe in something that makes you unhappy?
Troll 0/10
Id really like to know what makes you happy

have u ever tried bacon
Reply 8

Many of my friends are non-muslims, and we get along in a cordial relationship, where there is integrity, respect for one anothers beliefs, balance, and care for one another. Many of those who have helped me and my family during our worst times were non-muslims. I remember a charity event at a church where we were allowed to play with other kids, and given food. I remember the day a sikh individual stopped other muslims from bullying me - quite literally from maybe hitting me or something of the sort. I remember all of the non-muslim teachers who have fortified me with knowledge. My non-muslim doctors and nurses and carers who have helped me immensely with my health.

I know this will be met, by some, with scorn, hatred, maybe a hidden retort or rebuttal, but it is really in your best interest to empower messages like these, rather than fortifying the ideals of ISIS/Al-Qaeda, Jabhat Al Nura, Ahrar asham, jaysh al Islam and other devilish groups.

Ayatullah Sistani(one of the most senior Clerics worldwide): "A Muslim is allowed to take non-Muslims for acquaintances and friends, to be sincere towards them and they be sincere towards him, to help one another in fulfilling the needs of this life. Almighty Allãh has said in His noble Book: “Allãh does not forbid you in regard to those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allãh loves the doers of justice.” (60:8)"

Ali Ibn Abu Talib a.s - the cousin of The prophet Muhammed s.a.w and his closest compaion (as per the shia school) - This was compiled from earlier letters and scripts found even earlier - the below can be authentically varified to be atleast 1100-200 years old- it is not post-adhoc rationalism:

"Remember, Maalik, that amongst your subjects there are two kinds of people: those who have the same religion as you have; they are brothers to you, and those who have religions other than that of yours, they are human beings like you. Men of either category suffer from the same weaknesses and disabilities that human beings are inclined to, they commit sins, indulge in vices either intentionally or foolishly and unintentionally without realizing the enormity of their deeds. Let your mercy and compassion come to their rescue and help in the same way and to the same extent that you expect Allah to show mercy and forgiveness to you".
Letter 53 - To Malik Al Ashtor for Governance
damn i didnt know there was a rule where i cannot mix with non-muslims.
- my best friends are non-muslims
- my best friends are also muslims who also have non-muslim friends
- my mosque has inter-faith events

i guess your parents are way to extreme, there is no threat that non-muslims hold against us. i walk around with a hijab on and receive kindness from the public! talk to your parents, unless you get close with bad people who would persuade you to do drugs or drink alcohol (trust me i know but not from my own experience) then you shouldnt have anything against non-muslims
i interact with non-muslims and went to their's birthday part as well :yep:

im more then happy to make friends with people of all religions :smile:

The underlying principle of Islam is that Islam is supposed to make you happy. If you're not happy then you're not practicing the right Islam. Islam is not a rule book by any means. If you need any specific advice, PM me :smile:
Sorry I didn't mean to act like a troll or cause any harm
....I think I should just leave, sorry everyone
Original post by Tawheed
Many of my friends are non-muslims, and we get along in a cordial relationship, where there is integrity, respect for one anothers beliefs, balance, and care for one another. Many of those who have helped me and my family during our worst times were non-muslims. I remember a charity event at a church where we were allowed to play with other kids, and given food. I remember the day a sikh individual stopped other muslims from bullying me - quite literally from maybe hitting me or something of the sort. I remember all of the non-muslim teachers who have fortified me with knowledge. My non-muslim doctors and nurses and carers who have helped me immensely with my health.

I know this will be met, by some, with scorn, hatred, maybe a hidden retort or rebuttal, but it is really in your best interest to empower messages like these, rather than fortifying the ideals of ISIS/Al-Qaeda, Jabhat Al Nura, Ahrar asham, jaysh al Islam and other devilish groups.

Ayatullah Sistani(one of the most senior Clerics worldwide): "A Muslim is allowed to take non-Muslims for acquaintances and friends, to be sincere towards them and they be sincere towards him, to help one another in fulfilling the needs of this life. Almighty Allãh has said in His noble Book: “Allãh does not forbid you in regard to those who have not made war against you on account of (your) religion, and have not driven you forth from your homes, that you show them kindness and deal with them justly; surely Allãh loves the doers of justice.” (60:8)"

Ali Ibn Abu Talib a.s - the cousin of The prophet Muhammed s.a.w and his closest compaion (as per the shia school) - This was compiled from earlier letters and scripts found even earlier - the below can be authentically varified to be atleast 1100-200 years old- it is not post-adhoc rationalism:

"Remember, Maalik, that amongst your subjects there are two kinds of people: those who have the same religion as you have; they are brothers to you, and those who have religions other than that of yours, they are human beings like you. Men of either category suffer from the same weaknesses and disabilities that human beings are inclined to, they commit sins, indulge in vices either intentionally or foolishly and unintentionally without realizing the enormity of their deeds. Let your mercy and compassion come to their rescue and help in the same way and to the same extent that you expect Allah to show mercy and forgiveness to you".
Letter 53 - To Malik Al Ashtor for Governance

you dont find many shias around here :smile: nice to meet you
Original post by Someboady
The underlying principle of Islam is that Islam is supposed to make you happy. If you're not happy then you're not practicing the right Islam. Islam is not a rule book by any means. If you need any specific advice, PM me :smile:

this post is kinda wrong.

the underlying principle is to worship Allah
Islam does have many rules
@lolatmaths @James82 let me jjust clarify that islam does not hold anything against non muslims as shown by @Tawheeds post
Original post by Tawheed
Ahrar asham, jaysh al Islam and other devilish groups.

those groups are a million times better than the sign of shaytan khamenei

It's not forbidden to interact with non Muslims.... Who told you that?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Someboady

but there is no rule in Islam preventing you from befriending non-muslims, the parents have made them not happy. theres no way we can block non-muslims out. they are at work at school in public, so Allah wouldn't give a rule like that

the way i see it the parents of OP may want OP to not be influenced but i guess they've done it wrong as you can be a practicing muslim and befriend non-muslims

Latest

Trending

Trending