Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

I'll start my A-level this September, and I want to finish Maths and Further Maths(AS and A2) in one year. Could anyone tell me which exams I'll take in Jan 2005 please? I want to know that coz I'll perpare them during the summer holiday. The syllabus is Edexcel.

Thank you very much!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jinsisi)
    Hi!

I'll start my A-level this September, and I want to finish Maths and Further Maths(AS and A2) in one year. Could anyone tell me which exams I'll take in Jan 2005 please? I want to know that coz I'll perpare them during the summer holiday. The syllabus is Edexcel.

Thank you very much!
    Have a rest during the summer holidays, youll need it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thenarbisbanned)
    Have a rest during the summer holidays, youll need it.
    Thank you.
    But as you may know,English is not my mother tongue, I have to work harder than native speakers to achieve the same grade in some Art A-levels. I'm worrying about my other AS subjects, they're Economics and Politics, I guess I'll spend a lot of time on doing them. So I want to finish Double Maths before the term begins.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.edexcel.org.uk/qualificat....aspx?id=83441

ReputationRep:
    you want to do 2 a-levels in one year!
    thats crazy dude...

for jan i'd recommend c1 c2 m1 s1 over the summer

c3 c4 during school until jan

then do fp1 fp2 and somethign like s2/m1 or if u wanna u can do fp3

fp stands for further pure

ReputationRep:
    You can take P1,M1 and S1 in november as well, if you wanted to split it up over 3 sessions, but P1, M1 and S1 in November are all timetabled at the same time, so only taking one would probably be best.

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much, XXXNICEGUYXXX and Louise_1988. Both of you two gave me really helpful advices!

ReputationRep:
    a girl from my school was from china and was very bright, she did a level math, furthermath,physics and chem but she found the written part of chem and phys difficult. a big hint from me is to drop the arts subjects and choose ones with less english otherwise will be too hard. or try to get a level chinese cos you'll sail through it!
    by the way. if you doing edexcel math, you will certainly die. people come out of those exams CRYING. start studying from NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jinsisi)
    Hi!

Thank you very much!
    It depends on your college. Our college don't do exams for maths in January, but some do (unless Edexcel wouldn't set them!).

I'd say ask your college because it really does depend on them. If you were to do double maths in one year, you'd probably do C1-C4 and two applications (M1+M2 or S1+D1 for example). But that's just a guess, it totally depends on what college you are studying at.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magiccarpet)
    a girl from my school was from china and was very bright, she did a level math, furthermath,physics and chem but she found the written part of chem and phys difficult. a big hint from me is to drop the arts subjects and choose ones with less english otherwise will be too hard. or try to get a level chinese cos you'll sail through it!
    by the way. if you doing edexcel math, you will certainly die. people come out of those exams CRYING. start studying from NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:
    Drop one Art subject? But I like the two subjecs (Economics and Politics) very much... Of course I can do very well in Chinese A-levels, but A-level in one's first language may not be counted by some top universities such as Oxbridge,LSE and so on...
    But thank you for your advices!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    It depends on your college. Our college don't do exams for maths in January, but some do (unless Edexcel wouldn't set them!).

I'd say ask your college because it really does depend on them. If you were to do double maths in one year, you'd probably do C1-C4 and two applications (M1+M2 or S1+D1 for example). But that's just a guess, it totally depends on what college you are studying at.
    Oh thanks! I forgot this!
    My future school is Charterhouse School, I'll ask them.Thank you very much!:

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: July 6, 2004

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

Make your revision easier

Maths

Maths Forum posting guidelines

Not sure where to post? Read the updated guidelines here

Equations

How to use LaTex

Writing equations the easy way

Equations

Best calculators for A level Maths

Tips on which model to get

Student revising

Study habits of A* students

Top tips from students who have already aced their exams

Study Planner

Create your own Study Planner

Never miss a deadline again

Polling station sign

Thinking about a maths degree?

Chat with other maths applicants

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.