The Student Room Group

BTEC grade results?

These are my suspected grades for when I finish this year on my Level 3 Subsidiary IT Diploma, I want to know what my overall grade would be. I've tried to use grade calculator however it comes up saying I have D*.
These are my suspected grades:
1: P
2: P
3: P
4: P
5: P
6: M
7: D
8: D
9: D
10: D
Any help is appreciated.

Scroll to see replies

I have the same problem, i want to know my overall points too

How many credits are all your units worth?
Original post by Blackstarr

It says on my pro-monitor "weight", it doesn't say anything about credit. I assume it's the same thing so I'll say 10.

Also, it says "current grade D*" even though I only have one D grade and one M grade lmfao. The system seems messed up, if need be I'll wait for the results though lol.
Original post by charley.wilde
These are my suspected grades for when I finish this year on my Level 3 Subsidiary IT Diploma, I want to know what my overall grade would be. I've tried to use grade calculator however it comes up saying I have D*.
These are my suspected grades:
1: P
2: P
3: P
4: P
5: P
6: M
7: D
8: D
9: D
10: D
Any help is appreciated.

I do the extended diploma in health and social care and in class I got given this sheet that tells you how many points there are for each grade
Original post by 1secondsofvamps
I do the extended diploma in health and social care and in class I got given this sheet that tells you how many points there are for each grade

Hey.

The picture you showed me applies to the extended diploma?

I am doing the 90 credit diploma(my first year) of health and social care level 3.

I want to know how many points i have for my first year?
Hey.

The picture you showed me applies to the extended diploma?

I am doing the 90 credit diploma(my first year) of health and social care level 3.

I want to know how many points i have for my first year?

Tell me the grades you got for each unit you have done, I'll try to calculate it for you. Also are you going to continue the second year?
(edited 7 years ago)
Tell me the grades you got for each unit you have done, I'll try to calculate it for you. Also are you going to continue the second year?

I am planning to continue into the second year however, that really depends on my graded for this year:

Unit 1: communication=Distinction
Unit 2: Equality, diverisity etc=Pass
Unit 3: health and safey=Distinction
Unit 4: Development of life=Distinction
Unit 5: Anatomy and phisology=Pass
Unit 6 professional dvelopment=Distinction
Unit 7: Sociology=Pass
Unit 8: Psychology=Pass
Unit 9: values and planning=Merit

All of the units are worth 10 credits apart from.......

Unit 7 and 8= 5 credits and unit 6=20 credits

From the above, these are my results.
Original post by charley.wilde
It says on my pro-monitor "weight", it doesn't say anything about credit. I assume it's the same thing so I'll say 10.

Also, it says "current grade D*" even though I only have one D grade and one M grade lmfao. The system seems messed up, if need be I'll wait for the results though lol.

Do you use Turnitin for your coursework?
I am planning to continue into the second year however, that really depends on my graded for this year:

Unit 1: communication=Distinction
Unit 2: Equality, diverisity etc=Pass
Unit 3: health and safey=Distinction
Unit 4: Development of life=Distinction
Unit 5: Anatomy and phisology=Pass
Unit 6 professional dvelopment=Distinction
Unit 7: Sociology=Pass
Unit 8: Psychology=Pass
Unit 9: values and planning=Merit

All of the units are worth 10 credits apart from.......

Unit 7 and 8= 5 credits and unit 6=20 credits

From the above, these are my results.

You have a total of 760 points. If you manage to get 760 points again next year you will then have a total of 1520 points which is a DDD. You've done quite well this year so I think you should be fine to continue with the second year.
You have a total of 760 points. If you manage to get 760 points again next year you will then have a total of 1520 points which is a DDD. You've done quite well this year so I think you should be fine to continue with the second year.

Thanks and may i ask how did you calculate the points?
Thanks and may i ask how did you calculate the points?

Pass = 7
Merit = 8
Distinction = 9

For example, unit 1 is worth 10 credits. If you got a distinction on it you would multiply 10 and 9 which is 90 points.

If you look at the picture I attached earlier that should help
so if I got 87 points what overall grade would that be?
Pass = 7
Merit = 8
Distinction = 9

For example, unit 1 is worth 10 credits. If you got a distinction on it you would multiply 10 and 9 which is 90 points.

If you look at the picture I attached earlier that should help

Oaky.

Hey.:smile:

I somehow got DM overall for this year so i can continue and do the second year.

I just hope next year i will be able to get DDM minimum as i need that to get into nursing or else.
Hey.:smile:

I somehow got DM overall for this year so i can continue and do the second year.

I just hope next year i will be able to get DDM minimum as i need that to get into nursing or else.

You know your grade already?

Yep, don't you?
Reply 16

If your course is solely based on coursework (like most BTEC are) you should know your grades as soon as you finished the course. Mind you, they don't get officially confirmed for a month or two, but they rarely change.

I know I got D*D*D* with not a single mark missed
Original post by Devify
If your course is solely based on coursework (like most BTEC are) you should know your grades as soon as you finished the course. Mind you, they don't get officially confirmed for a month or two, but they rarely change.

I know I got D*D*D* with not a single mark missed

Yep, don't you?

My teacher didn't tell my class what grade we got for our last unit so I'm not sure what my overall grade is
Reply 18
My teacher didn't tell my class what grade we got for our last unit so I'm not sure what my overall grade is

You should've gotten the results back. Don't you have resubmissions? Most get them so you should've been told if you need one at the very least. They are also always required to tell you what you got so that you can make sure you think it was graded fairly.
Original post by Devify
You should've gotten the results back. Don't you have resubmissions? Most get them so you should've been told if you need one at the very least. They are also always required to tell you what you got so that you can make sure you think it was graded fairly.

No, she just got my class to sign the declaration sheets when handing in our unit so we could go straight home. I know I got distinctions in all my other units though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending