Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What type of AS-level and IGCSE grades does the average offer-holder have at LSE?
    Statistically, it seems to be the most difficult university to be accepted to in the UK with an average acceptance rate of 8%.

ReputationRep:
    Depends on the course. Economics is really competitive, so is Law. Some of the other subjects aren't as hard to get into.

ReputationRep:
    For economics, you basically need all As and a internship and a Bank and some major achievement like you set up a charity that helped a 100 people or something or created an amazing piece of software

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jon2016)
    For economics, you basically need all As and a internship and a Bank and some major achievement like you set up a charity that helped a 100 people or something or created an amazing piece of software
    I'm specifically looking at the Maths+econ course.
    I'm not taking any A-Level social science. But I have done research in a university on diabetes and published a paper on it. I don't think they would give sh*t for it.
    I'm more of a science based student

ReputationRep:
    Comparable to Bolton in terms of the selection process

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Exceptional)
    Comparable to Bolton in terms of the selection process
    And....what is that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KingYusHalo)
    And....what is that?
    Rigorous.

ReputationRep:
    And....what is that?
    Do not believe anything. I'd say it's more comparable to Glyndwr.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The gains kinggg)
    Glyndwr is in another league.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The gains kinggg)
    What the sh*t is glyndwyr?

What type of AS-level and IGCSE grades does the average offer-holder have at LSE?Statistically, it seems to be the most difficult university to be accepted to in the UK with an average acceptance rate of 8%.
    My friend has an offer for economics. She has 5 A*s at GCSE, 4As at AS and predicted all As and A*s at A2.

ReputationRep:
    What the sh*t is glyndwyr?
    A Uni which is most comparable to the rigours of applying to LSE.

ReputationRep:
    LSE is very competitive. Their decisions tend to be very academic based, and so they consider your GCSE, A2 results and most importantly your target grades for Year 13 a tad more than other unis may. For example, I got an offer from them for Maths with Economics to start in September, and I got: 2A*'s, 8A's and a B in GCSE, AAAC in Year 12, and my target grades were A*AA, which is exactly the grades I need to get into LSE. However, if your school isn't very academic and you do well, its slightly easier to get an offer, since it shows that even with a lack of resources etc you still do well. You don't need super fancy experience, but I did a 2 week summer school and a few internships with financial companies. Hope that helped a bit.

If you have any questions, do ask

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 13, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.