Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

At my school theres going to be a performance thing after exams are over, and a group of my friends from my dance school wanted to do a piece in it and asked me if I wanted to do it with them. I wasn't sure but one of my other friends said i might as well do it so I said I would. We had a first rehersal last week and throughout I realised I really don't want to do this performance thing, but I already said I would do it.
    They're planning another rehearsal and I really really don't want to do it, but I don't know how to tell them without them all getting really mad at me. What should I do, should I tell them I can't do it or that I don't want to, or should I still do it even though it's going to take time out of revision and be something I really don't want to do?

ReputationRep:
    Just say you don't want the time out of revision and you aren't totally sure that you want to do it. Simple.

(Original post by Clockrice)
    Just say you don't want the time out of revision and you aren't totally sure that you want to do it. Simple.
    Thankyou, that was what I was just thinking of doing but they've already started setting it, and in the first rehearsal two people were supposed to be there but they didn't show up and they spent ages talking about how annoyed they were, and I don't want them all to get annoyed with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thankyou, that was what I was just thinking of doing but they've already started setting it, and in the first rehearsal two people were supposed to be there but they didn't show up and they spent ages talking about how annoyed they were, and I don't want them all to get annoyed with me
    You're over thinking this - who cares if they get annoyed at you? They'll still be your friends, surely.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Well if you don't want them getting annoyed at you, you should do it then.

ReputationRep:
    you either do it or you say you don't want to and they get annoyed, there isn't really a way to 'fix' it so they don't mind, you just need to decide

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.