Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello,

I'm about to graduate and I wondered if there's a service/person/people that you can submit papers to for them to mark?

Would retired lecturers provide a service like this?

ReputationRep:
    I think the fellow may be talking about practice papers, etcetera...?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I should have elaborated.

I've got my degree but I want to improve my thinking skills and writing abilities. So, I wondered if there would be academics who would be happy to mark practice papers?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeMills77)

I've got my degree but I want to improve my thinking skills and writing abilities. So, I wondered if there would be academics who would be happy to mark practice papers?
    I looked around and so far all I could find were services for bulk marking, and it certainly wasn't cheap

I'm sure if you wrote them and put them up on the forum or a website of appropriate respects to your subject people would be happy to take a look at them? ;-;

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LeeMills77)

I doubt it, to be frank.

You might do better to consider studying a post-grad module or two (if you didn't want to sign up for a full degree) with the OU or - if you are London based - Birkbeck.

Or look at the online courses offered by various universities, including Oxford, Cambridge, and Exeter.

Assuming you are also intending to work, you might also expect that your job will in time give you opportunities to research and write up reports for your bosses.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.