Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi Everyone,

I'm off to Sheffield hallam Uni to do a MSc in September and I'm looking at accommodation now, but having never really been to the city I'm not sure what to look for or where to look?

Like are there any areas of town to avoid or specific things to look for when going to Sheffield?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Kush93)
    Hi Everyone,

I'm off to Sheffield hallam Uni to do a MSc in September and I'm looking at accommodation now, but having never really been to the city I'm not sure what to look for or where to look?

Like are there any areas of town to avoid or specific things to look for when going to Sheffield?
    Hi

Congrats on getting an offer! Have you confirmed your place on the course yet?

There are some really lovely areas in the city centre like Ecclesall Road and Crookes, but it really depends on how close you want to be to the campus you'll be studying at, and what you want from the area. Take a look at our housing info for postgraduates to find out about our Snug accredited private sector accommodation. If you want to know more about which areas you can live in, it might be worth giving our accommodation services a call on 0114 225 5555.

Hope that helps

Hannah

(Official TSR rep)
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    Official TSR Representative
    Hey

Hoping we can help out a little – we have some great accommodation located in some great student areas in Sheffield, all close to the city centre and Hallam Uni. Why not check us out!

We have 3 great fantastic sites, and all offering something a little different as well as offering great service and links to the city. All of our sites have social spaces, including regular on site social events, so a great way to meet and make new friends. There is a real mix of options; from shared apartments to your very own private studio.

• All bills included
    • Up to 100Mbps super-fast broadband
    • FREE contents insurance
    • Amazing social spaces with games room and tv lounge
    • On site gym and cinema room (at Century Sq)

(Please check website for facilities at each location)

We are regularly running Open Days at our sites, so please check out their webpages for all the up to date information. You can also pop in and see us any time.

GET IN TOUCH:
    SHARMAN COURT: 0114 399 1580
    CORNER HOUSE: 0114 321 7530
    CENTURY SQUARE: 0114 399 1579
    VISIT: FRESHSTUDENTLIVING.CO.UK/SHEFFIELD

We look forward to speaking with you soon!

Thanks,
    Fresh

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.