Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I'm currently in year 10, I was curious as to what sort of grades I would need to achieve in Reading and Listening in order to get an A*? Here are my current controlled assessment levels:
    Writing: 28/30 (A*) + 29/30 (A*+)
    Speaking: 23/30 (B+) + 25/30 (A)

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anon4012)
    Hi, I'm currently in year 10, I was curious as to what sort of grades I would need to achieve in Reading and Listening in order to get an A*? Here are my current controlled assessment levels:
    Writing: 28/30 (A*) + 29/30 (A*+)
    Speaking: 23/30 (B+) + 25/30 (A)

Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks!
    Wow your ca grades are good!
    It's hard to tell exactly what grades you will need but just try your best, don't rely on getting a particular mark and slack a bit because you might end up not reaching the mark in the end.

I'd say aim for an A but just to be safe an A*

Controlled assessment counts for 60% and Reading and Listening are only 40% so I'm sure you will be able to get an A* anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pixiefuller)
    Wow your ca grades are good!
    It's hard to tell exactly what grades you will need but just try your best, don't rely on getting a particular mark and slack a bit because you might end up not reaching the mark in the end.

I'd say aim for an A but just to be safe an A*

Controlled assessment counts for 60% and Reading and Listening are only 40% so I'm sure you will be able to get an A* anyway
    Thank you very much, of course I'll be trying my absolute best, just wanted a bit of assurance, which I now have! Thank you! Did you/are you taking french?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'd try and get A* in both, although you could still get an A* overall with just As. I have full marks in both my CAs and have just sat my exams, which I feel went so terribly. I'm still nervous to get my grade back as I feel I did badly and want an A*, so knowing I have the highest I can in 60% makes me feel a bit more confident.

ReputationRep:
    If you really want an A*, I would recommend doing your first speaking again to get an A, you will thank yourself later. I believe you are allowed to re do the assessments if you change one question? If you're in year 10, there's no rush, they don't need to be sent off until may next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazz_xox_)
    If you really want an A*, I would recommend doing your first speaking again to get an A, you will thank yourself later. I believe you are allowed to re do the assessments if you change one question? If you're in year 10, there's no rush, they don't need to be sent off until may next year
    Thank you! And don't worry too much I'm sure you did great! Yeah I'll be retaking my speaking at least once to get an A overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Thank you very much, of course I'll be trying my absolute best, just wanted a bit of assurance, which I now have! Thank you! Did you/are you taking french?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes I did the AQA French Listening and Reading this year

I'm happy with my controlled assessment marks, but I found the Listening quite hard this year. Just hoping that I can still get an A*!

Good luck with your French GCSE!

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! And don't worry too much I'm sure you did great! Yeah I'll be retaking my speaking at least once to get an A overall.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ah I really hope so, definitely my worst exam yes i think you will thank yourself for securing an A, good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.