Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

So there's this guy that I really like from work, and I finally built up the courage to ask him out for a coffee, only when we met it totally didn't feel like a date, and he'd obviously not interpreted it as me asking him out. So I'm not sure what to do next, like should I ask to meet again (but i don't want to seem annoying and weird), or should I tell him outright that I like him? Help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    So there's this guy that I really like from work, and I finally built up the courage to ask him out for a coffee, only when we met it totally didn't feel like a date, and he'd obviously not interpreted it as me asking him out. So I'm not sure what to do next, like should I ask to meet again (but i don't want to seem annoying and weird), or should I tell him outright that I like him? Help
    The truth

I'd interpret this as free coffee, as long as you're paying.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Take your time, there's nothing worse than rushing it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Are you M or F?

ReputationRep:
    Take it slow and easy,

We split the bill (i guess another sign it wasn't a date!). Yeah I guess the truth would help me to know where I stand and there's no misinterpretation. It's just scary! I'm trying not to rush things, it's just difficult not knowing what he's thinking and whether I'm agonising over this for nothing

I'm female

And the coffee was a few weeks ago so I'm not instantly rushng out to ask him out for another drink again

ReputationRep:
    If you'd like to try again why not ask him to join you for a drink after work. Make sure you pay!! If drinks go well you could suggest going somewhere for dinner. Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    If you don't feel he's interested the best bet, from my experience, is to park it. If there is some interest increase the flirting and suggest something evening based like a drink and a bite to eat.

ReputationRep:
    How old are you? Go for proper drinks and dress up nice He should get the hint then.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.