Because they are banging Barbie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Souljer)
    Why is this?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Because they can do what they want all day

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    If people are unhappy in their work they probably picked the wrong job and people on the dole are probably happier because they can do whatever they want all day.

because most jobs are slavery
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    i have to try and sit on dolls to see what the hype is about then

ReputationRep:
    Probably because ,even though they don't have much money ,they don't have to get up at 6 or 7 o'clock every morning for five or six days a week ,working often long hours ,sometimes being unappreciated and by the time they have paid out everything they need to ,have very little money left to show for all the effort.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldnt say all, I know some that are damn bored stiff of sitting at home watching jezza kyle. But they tend to have a better family life/familial relations because theyre around their kids 24/7 and they can chill and dowhat they like without a care in the owrld. Whereas a person who works cant miss a day without stressing that they could lose their job,mortgage,car etc. If you're on the dole then the council's sorted all that for you!

ReputationRep:
    Because they aren't wasting all their time making someone else richer

ReputationRep:
    Are they?

ReputationRep:
    Because work is hard basically.

Being fairly poor, but being able to do whatever you want with what little you have > Being moderately well-off, but having no time to actually use your money

Of course, working hard eventually leads to more happiness, because eventually you'll be qualified enough to get a job with reasonable hours and a great salary, so you'll actually be able to make use of all your monies. That can take years though. Such is life /:

ReputationRep:
    Because little things satisfy little minds

ReputationRep:
    Is it not obvious? Quite a lot of people dislike their job and would prefer to be able to wake up whenever and not do that much all day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by donte)
    I wouldnt say all, I know some that are damn bored stiff of sitting at home watching jezza kyle. But they tend to have a better family life/familial relations because theyre around their kids 24/7 and they can chill and dowhat they like without a care in the owrld. Whereas a person who works cant miss a day without stressing that they could lose their job,mortgage,car etc. If you're on the dole then the council's sorted all that for you!
    Except they don't have anything like the same income as a job: JSA is the equivalent of less than 8 hours' work a week, and someone on just 8 hours would be eligible for a raft of in-work benefits anyway.

And they don't have a mortgage, i.e. they will never own a house.

And they certainly don't have cars!

And nowadays they have to pay a large percentage of their council tax (landlords should be paying this in general, not tenants), and their rent especially if under 35 because they will only be covered for the shared accommodation rate. This percentage seems ineluctably to increase with every year that passes with a Tory government in power.

Bills are flat rate (in fact more expensive if you have to heat your home all day)

ReputationRep:
    Is it a blow up a doll these people are on?

I still wouldn't have thought being on the doll would take up enough of your time time to stop you getting a job, I mean, how much doll do you need?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.