Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey everyone..

I'm an overseas student who is seriously considering to apply for the Medicine course at St Andrews next year..i was really surprised about how the university is really well rounded in a plethora of aspects, but wanted to know some more details about the Medicine course there, being aware that i know that the 3 pre-clinical years are done there, whereas the clinical years at the Manchester Med school...Comments/suggestions from students already in St Andrews university are welcomed..thanks for reading!

Cheers..

ReputationRep:
    Anyone??

ReputationRep:
    Hey. I'd suggest you go to the main St Andrews student website- www.thesinner.net . Go to the 'Advice Please' section of the messageboard and ask your question there. It takes a few days for the post to get up but I think there's much more chance of getting a reply there. :-)

ReputationRep:
    Thanks a bunch Marie

ReputationRep:
    Consider Dundee - it's only 15 miles from St Andrews and has a superb medical school and a very good support programme for overseas students.

St Andrews is being encouraged to disavow its links with Manchester and to send more of its students to Scottish universities following the Calman Report into the structure of medical education in Scotland- the Scottish Executive is fed-up with funding students who then settle in England. However St Andrews is resisting this pressure and is investing heavily in its Faculty of Medicine.

Good Luck with your decision.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.