This discussion is closed.
Fatal_Oblivion
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Hey everyone..

I'm an overseas student who is seriously considering to apply for the Medicine course at St Andrews next year..i was really surprised about how the university is really well rounded in a plethora of aspects, but wanted to know some more details about the Medicine course there, being aware that i know that the 3 pre-clinical years are done there, whereas the clinical years at the Manchester Med school...Comments/suggestions from students already in St Andrews university are welcomed..thanks for reading!

Cheers..
Fatal_Oblivion
Anyone??
Marie55
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hey. I'd suggest you go to the main St Andrews student website- www.thesinner.net . Go to the 'Advice Please' section of the messageboard and ask your question there. It takes a few days for the post to get up but I think there's much more chance of getting a reply there. :-)
Fatal_Oblivion
Thanks a bunch Marie
DenverDiva
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Consider Dundee - it's only 15 miles from St Andrews and has a superb medical school and a very good support programme for overseas students.

St Andrews is being encouraged to disavow its links with Manchester and to send more of its students to Scottish universities following the Calman Report into the structure of medical education in Scotland- the Scottish Executive is fed-up with funding students who then settle in England. However St Andrews is resisting this pressure and is investing heavily in its Faculty of Medicine.

Good Luck with your decision.
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you're planning on going to uni this year, would any of these financial reasons stop you?

Not being able to work now to save up for uni (92)
13.94%
Reduced household income due to coronavirus means I can't afford to go (54)
8.18%
Lack of part-time jobs to support me while I'm at uni (85)
12.88%
Lack of graduate job prospects when I finish uni (79)
11.97%
Other reasons are stopping me going (84)
12.73%
Nothing is stopping me going (266)
40.3%

Watched Threads