Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Was this a **** move? Or am I just overreacting? watch

Announcements

Hey

Basically my friend fancied a coworker who ended up asking me out. As soon as he found out I was flirting with her on Facebook he was acting extremely distant and awkward with me. being unfriendly even. I ended up turning this girl down because I felt that it would have affected my friendship with him. He was clearly very very relieved when I told him that I thought I'd 'missed my chance' with her (even though I hadn't)

Fast forward three years and there's now a girl who I asked out but turned me down and right after that he goes and chases her after knowing that I liked her and asked her out. After what I did for him, was that a cold move on his behalf?

I told two of my friends about it. One of them said that it was out of order whilst the other said that I should have sat down and talked to him first about the girl that asked me out and then I could have smoothed things out with him and still get with her. In hindsight, this probably would have been the best thing to do, but he certainly didn't do the same for me when he was chasing the girl he knew I liked.

I'm not expecting us not to go after the girls that the other one likes, but I can't help but feel a little bit shafted out of all this because I could have gone out with that first girl and nothing would have happened (at least, without him being a complete hypocrite).

Regardless of what you guys say there is a moral to this story - when it comes to girls (and money) there's really no such thing as mates.

ReputationRep:
    You and your mates need to stop being so childish. Women aren't objects for you to trade. Just let each other chase whatever girls you want, as long as you're not flirting with a woman who's already going out with your mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Hey

Basically my friend fancied a coworker who ended up asking me out. As soon as he found out I was flirting with her on Facebook he was acting extremely distant and awkward with me. being unfriendly even. I ended up turning this girl down because I felt that it would have affected my friendship with him. He was clearly very very relieved when I told him that I thought I'd 'missed my chance' with her (even though I hadn't)

Fast forward three years and there's now a girl who I asked out but turned me down and right after that he goes and chases her after knowing that I liked her and asked her out. After what I did for him, was that a cold move on his behalf?

I told two of my friends about it. One of them said that it was out of order whilst the other said that I should have sat down and talked to him first about the girl that asked me out and then I could have smoothed things out with him and still get with her. In hindsight, this probably would have been the best thing to do, but he certainly didn't do the same for me when he was chasing the girl he knew I liked.

I'm not expecting us not to go after the girls that the other one likes, but I can't help but feel a little bit shafted out of all this because I could have gone out with that first girl and nothing would have happened (at least, without him being a complete hypocrite).

Regardless of what you guys say there is a moral to this story - when it comes to girls (and money) there's really no such thing as mates.

Yes and No is my answer because in one way he is a snake because of what you did for him last time but also he was being smart by going for this woman because if you really like someone you have to be selfish and not think about the other person because even if your friends with someone or think their your best friend they will let you down because their only human and people are selfish
    When a woman asks you out that is different so you shouldnt have given her up for him because your not the one who persued her so he had no chance with that woman years ago.

But this will teach you a valuable lesson to always follow your heart if you like a woman and if you have real friends they will forgive you for that because they will meet someone else eventually.
    I dont believe that you shouldnt date a friends ex or if you like the same person you cant ask them out because you cant help who you fancy or fall in love with but you dont touch someone else partner if they are already dating them.

Many, many years ago i turned down a date with a really good looking man because my sister liked him but she had no chance with him because he wasnt interested in her but also id just met another man but i had not even been on a first date with him yet but i dont believe in cheating on anyone but my biggest regret in life was not getting the other man's number so i should have been more selfish and only think about myself because theres nothing wrong with that because i got dumped after one date but he had no balls to tell me, i just knew when he stopped ringing and i never rang him to find out but i just hate people who dont have the balls to say ive been dumped but i wouldnt have cared if it had been by text as i prefer that but obviously no one else should dump any one by text and i wouldnt either. But ive never met anyone as nice as that other man or anyone i really like since so im going to be single forever i reckon.

So i have always regretted turning the other man down or at least not taking his number so next time you should only think about yourself.
    I know it sounds harsh but its worse to spend your life regretting not accepting that womans proposal or asking a woman out. It was really brave of that other woman to ask you out so she must have been embarrassed when you said no
    If you remember her name or surname too try to contact her on facebook.
    You never know she might be single now or in a bad relationship she is unhappy in where she wants to leave

But if a woman asks you out and she turns you down thats different because you had no chance to begin with so try to see it like that and try forgive your friend for being a selfish pig. When you meet a woman better than the one he has now you will get over it. Or one year from now they might end up hating each other as this is what happens in every relationship.

(Original post by Judge Judy;[url="tel:65347711")
    65347711[/url]]Yes and No is my answer because in one way he is a snake because of what you did for him last time but also he was being smart by going for this woman because if you really like someone you have to be selfish and not think about the other person because even if your friends with someone or think their your best friend they will let you down because their only human and people are selfish
    When a woman asks you out that is different so you shouldnt have given her up for him because your not the one who persued her so he had no chance with that woman years ago.

But this will teach you a valuable lesson to always follow your heart if you like a woman and if you have real friends they will forgive you for that because they will meet someone else eventually.
    I dont believe that you shouldnt date a friends ex or if you like the same person you cant ask them out because you cant help who you fancy or fall in love with but you dont touch someone else partner if they are already dating them.

Many, many years ago i turned down a date with a really good looking man because my sister liked him but she had no chance with him because he wasnt interested in her but also id just met another man but i had not even been on a first date with him yet but i dont believe in cheating on anyone but my biggest regret in life was not getting the other man's number so i should have been more selfish and only think about myself because theres nothing wrong with that because i got dumped after one date but he had no balls to tell me, i just knew when he stopped ringing and i never rang him to find out but i just hate people who dont have the balls to say ive been dumped but i wouldnt have cared if it had been by text as i prefer that but obviously no one else should dump any one by text and i wouldnt either. But ive never met anyone as nice as that other man or anyone i really like since so im going to be single forever i reckon.

So i have always regretted turning the other man down or at least not taking his number so next time you should only think about yourself.
    I know it sounds harsh but its worse to spend your life regretting not accepting that womans proposal or asking a woman out. It was really brave of that other woman to ask you out so she must have been embarrassed when you said no
    If you remember her name or surname too try to contact her on facebook.
    You never know she might be single now or in a bad relationship she is unhappy in where she wants to leave

But if a woman asks you out and she turns you down thats different because you had no chance to begin with so try to see it like that and try forgive your friend for being a selfish pig. When you meet a woman better than the one he has now you will get over it. Or one year from now they might end up hating each other as this is what happens in every relationship.
    I agree with this, but for the record, he was just following his knob and chasing her for sex, which I think makes it even worse.

The first girl is in a happy relationship and has been for 3 years now so nothing can happen there. C'est la vie.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I agree with this, but for the record, he was just following his knob and chasing her for sex, which I think makes it even worse.

The first girl is in a happy relationship and has been for 3 years now so nothing can happen there. C'est la vie.
    Sign up with Citysocializer today, see what happens. I reckon you could meet someone on there as more than just a friend because i saw pictures of lots of attractive ladies and men, although looks are not important on that website or if your just looking for friends. You can go alone or If your mate splits up with that girl you can both go to the social events advertised on it together and have a good laugh and you should not hesitate in going after a woman you both like, just have a discussion with him about it first so theres no hard feelings and enjoy the chase.
    But you cant see any pics of anyone unless you signup first and its free to sign up.

Also sign up with Seeking arrangement.com
    Even if its just as a laugh to see what response you get back because wouldnt it be great if you met a rich woman who pays for everything then you can rub it in your mates face.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 2, 2016
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.