Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How many of you people play it. I mean, I don't want to seem a little too stupid here but i'm quite competitive at it and play it a lot. There, I said it.

On another note, if you don't play it do you think it's stupid that a 17 year old plays it?

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't think it's silly. Personally I got bored of it in like Year 9 and haven't played since.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's kinda like the Sims to me
    after a while you get bored
    it's like all those minecraft youtubers
    how do you even play minecraft every day for 5 years :cry2:
    but tbh there's been all this **** about pedophiles in the minecraft community since that's where all the kids are at so that's prob why

BACK TO THE POINT
    yeah i don't get it sorry xD
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    M8 I'm 18 and sometimes I play it (usually once a month) when I'm incredibly bored. (Or if I'm trying to get the PS4 trophies :emo:)

ReputationRep:
    I hate the MC community, and Minecon footage [Dedotated wam] has made me stay away from the game. I have a little sister who plays, so therefore often makes me set up a multiplayer game over Hamachi - the new updates just made the game really confusing and annoying for me to play, as the PvP system is just awful.

Nothing wrong with playing it, I'm 18 this year and I still think Lego games are the sickest ****. Did you play Lego Jurassic World? Great job on the PC port, Lego Jeff Goldblum never gets old...

ReputationRep:
    Dude, Minecraft is the most complex game out there when combined with custom maps, servers, mods etc. I have been playing from time to time since 2013. It's more than people think it is.

ReputationRep:
    I still really enjoy playing it, mainly multiplayer server-based games like Ultra-Hardcore and Flower Power and stuff. Haven't played it in a long while though.

ReputationRep:
    I have not played it since Y8
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Very Important Poster
    Peer Support Volunteers
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    I admin a server so I'm on every day fixing things up, but I don't actually play anymore. I occasionally play modded and I'm 18. It's not unreasonable for someone in their late teens to play. We have hundreds of regular players that are of around the same age as you, and this is on a server aimed more at kids, so you're definitely not alone.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Not silly at all. I'm 23 and still play it occasionally. I used to be really into it a few years ago but I kind of went off it. Can see why others still love the game though

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    It's not silly, there is just not a lot to do honestly I mainly played on one server with a few people I had met through the game and that was awesome. I won't really judge someone for playing it but personally I haven't played it in like 4 years.

ReputationRep:
    I got bored of it in Y9, but now I'm in Y11 and I know Java, I make a bit of money on the side coding for people
    There are 30 year olds that play, never be ashamed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Callicious)
    How many of you people play it. I mean, I don't want to seem a little too stupid here but i'm quite competitive at it and play it a lot. There, I said it.

On another note, if you don't play it do you think it's stupid that a 17 year old plays it?
    I've got the PS3 version, and no, it's not silly for anyone of any age to play it.

I just mess about in creative mode and build my own home/skyscraper/rollercoaster/deathtrap.

I cba with the survival mode tbh, but I might cheat and switch my creative world into a survival world later.

ReputationRep:
    I used to play a lot, but not since 1.2.1.

ReputationRep:
    I've play it from time to time. I'm on this awesome Pixelmon server.

ReputationRep:
    Well i'm 17 (Almost 18) and I still play it. Can't say i really go on any server's though, the community on there can annoy me a bit.

It's one of those things I might not play for ages, then one day i'll get bored and end up playing it for the next few weeks/months, before getting bored again and moving onto another game (Eventually the cycle will repeat itself again)

ReputationRep:
    16 almost 17 and i play modded an awful lot

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered gaming threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.