Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a week till exams.. Whats the best revision plan for this week and the next 2 weeks..? Please help :/!

1. 8am -2 pm(not continuously obviously :P)
    do past papers for any subjects and aim to do about 5
    4pm-11pm
    revise subjects and alternate the subjects

OR

2. Do revision for about 3 subjects per day e.g. in the morning RESIT exams and one past paper...in the afternoon Unit 4 revision and one past paper and evening unit 5 and one past paper. The only fault with this is Ihave 7 exams (2 x resits, 3 x unit 4 and 2 x unit 5) Idk how Im gonna manage to do this one.. but the other one also... just too much to revise in such little time.

any help appreciated which would you do?

ReputationRep:
    None. Do not follow a revision plan and just do papers whenever you feel like it.

I know this is extremely contrary to the popular belief, but there is no proof that being organized generates good results.

I got 4A in my AS. I made an effort in creating a timetable and was unable to follow it in the first day itself so dropped it. Honestly.. you're going to turn yourself into a robot. Breathe, do what you like..understand and you'll be good to go.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alevez2ez)
    None. Do not follow a revision plan and just do papers whenever you feel like it.

I know this is extremely contrary to the popular belief, but there is no proof that being organized generates good results.

I got 4A in my AS. I made an effort in creating a timetable and was unable to follow it in the first day itself so dropped it. Honestly.. you're going to turn yourself into a robot. Breathe, do what you like..understand and you'll be good to go.
    How many past papers did you manage to do for each exam? roughly? Im worried I won't be doing enough.. everyone who has gotten good has told me to do every single one from when the spec started at least 3 times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aladdin818)
    How many past papers did you manage to do for each exam? roughly? Im worried I won't be doing enough.. everyone who has gotten good has told me to do every single one from when the spec started at least 3 times.
    5-6. I got 4A in my AS so it works.

ReputationRep:
    5-6. I got 4A in my AS so it works.
    5-6 altogether? not like from each year?

ReputationRep:

(Original post by aladdin818)
    5-6 altogether? not like from each year?
    I agree with alevez2ez. Don't stress about doing past papers now because not getting the answers will only make you more anxious. A week before the exam is not a good time to start testing your knowledge. Instead focus on retaining as much knowledge as you can. I got 5 As at AS and 4 A*s at A and I barely did near as many past papers as my classmates did and they didn't score half as well as me. Past paper questions should be done at the end of every chapter but nevermind that now, there's not enough time for that. I studied A2 for only 3-4 months so I did not have time to do many past papers.

Whether or not you have finished revising chapters, I'd suggest doing past paper questions along with the mark scheme so it's like reading question-answers. It does not test you but it gives you a good idea of what will come in the exam and what kind of answer you are expected to write. I don't know which subjects you've chosen but for example in biology, if there is a 5 mark question asking to explain speciation then I would form answers (make a question-answer bank) for such long-answer type of questions using the pointers given in the mark scheme.

You can give this method a try for a day and see if it works for you. If you're doing maths, then past paper questions are the way to go instead of trying to memorise stuff from a sheet. Good luck!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.