Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Will the new admissions test mean that they will no longer ask for AS marks? (2017 onwards)
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by James1066)
    Will the new admissions test mean that they will no longer ask for AS marks? (2017 onwards)
    They will ask for UMS for the subjects where you have it. The reformed AS-levels don't provide UMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    They will ask for UMS for the subjects where you have it. The reformed AS-levels don't provide UMS.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If someone does all their AS subjects exams in year 12 just for practice and experience but doesn't get it certified would they have to give the UMS marks? They would be doing the exams again at the end of Year 13

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Questioner1234)
    If someone does all their AS subjects exams in year 12 just for practice and experience but doesn't get it certified would they have to give the UMS marks? They would be doing the exams again at the end of Year 13
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    When i rang up Cambridge they said due to the A-Level reforms AS wont be looked into, unless it is used as a tie breaker between two canditates. Instead more emphasis will be put on admissions tests, A-levels and interviews... with PS and the work that they ask you to hand in forming a small part kf the picture as well. I also rang up other universitys such as UCl and Southampton and thay said that they won't be looking at AS's as not all colleges would have offered them. Hope this helps 😃
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Questioner1234)
    If you sat the public exams (as opposed to internal mocks or PPE) you will get the qualification. You will therefore need to declare them.

But, as I said, reformed AS-levels don't have UMS.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Zara0526)
    When i rang up Cambridge they said due to the A-Level reforms AS wont be looked into, unless it is used as a tie breaker between two canditates. Instead more emphasis will be put on admissions tests, A-levels and interviews... with PS and the work that they ask you to hand in forming a small part kf the picture as well. I also rang up other universitys such as UCl and Southampton and thay said that they won't be looking at AS's as not all colleges would have offered them. Hope this helps 😃
    Who did you speak to? Was it CAO or a college? The info as stated doesn't sound correct.

Tagging: Peterhouse Admissions, Christ's Admissions - can you confirm please

ReputationRep:
    Who did you speak to? Was it CAO or a college?

The general admissions office - i had to call up as i was getting a medioca grade in one of my AS's and was struggling to pull it up to an A 😞 (I didnt want it to affect my application)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Zara0526)
    The general admissions office - i had to call up as i was getting a medioca grade in one of my AS's and was struggling to pull it up to an A 😞 (I didnt want it to affect my application)
    A "mediocre" grade in a less relevant subject will not be a problem.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    Who did you speak to? Was it CAO or a college? The info as stated doesn't sound correct.

We will look at any and all qualifications obtained. We will certainly be interested in AS results, but perhaps a little less so than in the past if they are separate from A levels and without knowing how well they relate to Tripos scores.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
    We will look at any and all qualifications obtained. We will certainly be interested in AS results, but perhaps a little less so than in the past if they are separate from A levels and without knowing how well they relate to Tripos scores.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Will admissions ask for the raw marks on reformed AS?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crablet)
    I would also like to know this.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by crablet)
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    I would also like to know this.
    Ask in here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4238242
    Ask an Admissions Tutor IX, 4th August - 2nd September

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.