The Student Room Group

Which theme question is it more possible to come up in Mice and Men?

English Language GCSE exam is near and i was wondering what theme question will possibly come up! keep in mind that past papers from 2011-2015 had a lot of theme questions of violence/aggression/ conflict as well as friendship,significance of dreams, relationship and loneliness! The theme of discrimination/ racism didnt really came up yet, so i was thinking that this would be a possible question! and therefore focus on that more..
What do you guys think? and what is your advise about how to study english? because it is impossible to know by heart all the theme questions!
Hey , Which exam board are you taking ? Edexcel or AQA ? I am doing Edexcel "The writer's craft" . I am feeling same way about the theme of discrimination. Also , I wonder if this year the character of Slim could come up . what do you think ?
Sorry aren't these types of questions usually only in English lit. exams.
I know , I also find it strange . It's English exam but there are two parts . First part is Shakespeare and Prose(lit.) and second one is an essay . I am doing exam on 7th June . 😆
Reply 4
Original post by Sarenkaldn
Hey , Which exam board are you taking ? Edexcel or AQA ? I am doing Edexcel "The writer's craft" . I am feeling same way about the theme of discrimination. Also , I wonder if this year the character of Slim could come up . what do you think ?

Yes i am hoping to be descrimination,not sure about the character question...everything is possible! Good luck by the way!😁
Reply 5
I know , I also find it strange . It's English exam but there are two parts . First part is Shakespeare and Prose(lit.) and second one is an essay . I am doing exam on 7th June . 😆

Yes me too,my exam is today and am so nervous🙁We have romeo and juliet and of mice and men! Am mostly worried about the romeo and juliet part as there are more themes which makes it confusing..
Original post by Flor Mous
Yes me too,my exam is today and am so nervous🙁We have romeo and juliet and of mice and men! Am mostly worried about the romeo and juliet part as there are more themes which makes it confusing..

What do you think it might come up on OMAM etc . ?
I am more concern about time management. I am taking too long to write all answers .
Reply 8
What do you think it might come up on OMAM etc . ?

It came violence! I think it was a good and easy theme..
Reply 9
I am more concern about time management. I am taking too long to write all answers .

Yes me too,i am a lefty and i really write too slow but i was more than okay with the time and i finished about 10' earlier!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending