Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Well I have an a&p exam coming up and I'm [email protected] myself! I've not done as much revision as should of and I'm really angry at myself. I'm going to try and get a good few hours in a per night for the next 3 nights. But I feel like I've set myself up to fail already by not revising weeks ahead. Has anyone any good revision tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Make up songs is my only tip. I am rubbish at revision, but some of my GCSE classmates made up songs and I can still remember them. (15 years later)

Now I have the alveoli song in my head.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by wbnurse)
    Well I have an a&p exam coming up and I'm [email protected] myself! I've not done as much revision as should of and I'm really angry at myself. I'm going to try and get a good few hours in a per night for the next 3 nights. But I feel like I've set myself up to fail already by not revising weeks ahead. Has anyone any good revision tips?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Try roughly drawing the systems, if you can't draw an accurate heart with the right vessels and valves and describe the flow of blood, read a book or watch a video and revise it until you can. Same goes for GI system, check that you can name all of the parts of the bowel. Function of the kidney is an important one too which they like to ask about. Obviously don't bother drawing a whole skeleton, but there are plenty of A&P labelling games online which I found pretty useful, and plenty of youtube videos which quickly describe the structure and function of the major systems.

ReputationRep:
    I recently completed the A&P exam (May 16th). I revised for a week, using these two books, and lecture material etc.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nurses-Your...%26+physiology

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Nurses-Test...athophysiology

They are both excellent, so much so that i achieved 95% in the exam.

Good luck

ReputationRep:
    Air goes in and out, blood goes round and round. Any deviation in this is a problem.

Spoiler:
    Show
    a lot of people found the Ross and Wilson colouring book quite helpful, but it depends on how you learn. I found going through notes and lecture slides revising key points was the best way for me to revise.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.