Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I just got a job at next as a sales consultant and my induction is on Saturday. What actually happens at the induction? And is that when I will receive my payroll number to log onto NEP?

Also, I cant seem to find any recent posts about how much you get paid, and I forgot to ask at my interview. How much would I be getting paid (I'm 20).

Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I hope I can be of help. I worked for Next full time after I finished my GCSE exams last year. The induction involves watching various health and safety videos and induction videos and it is also where they complete all the paperwork for the employment i.e. contracts etc. You may get your employee number emailed to you beforehand but otherwise, it's on the paperwork that is issued to you at the induction. The final part of the induction comprises of a tour of the store and you may get to meet various different staff. In my induction, they encorporated a practical element where we practised marking down sale clothes.
    I believe the rate of pay is something like £5.80-£7.20 inclusive for all ages. Obviously, you'd be paid the upper band of that range.

Hope that helps and good luck ☺

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maltelsh)
    Hi there,
    I hope I can be of help. I worked for Next full time after I finished my GCSE exams last year. The induction involves watching various health and safety videos and induction videos and it is also where they complete all the paperwork for the employment i.e. contracts etc. You may get your employee number emailed to you beforehand but otherwise, it's on the paperwork that is issued to you at the induction. The final part of the induction comprises of a tour of the store and you may get to meet various different staff. In my induction, they encorporated a practical element where we practised marking down sale clothes.
    I believe the rate of pay is something like £5.80-£7.20 inclusive for all ages. Obviously, you'd be paid the upper band of that range.

Hope that helps and good luck ☺
    Thank you! Do you get paid for the induction?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikkylad)
    Thank you! Do you get paid for the induction?
    No problem ☺ Yes you do get paid, at your usual pay rate. I think it usually lasts around 2-3 hours so it's easy money.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikkylad)
    Hi, I just got a job at next as a sales consultant and my induction is on Saturday. What actually happens at the induction? And is that when I will receive my payroll number to log onto NEP?

Also, I cant seem to find any recent posts about how much you get paid, and I forgot to ask at my interview. How much would I be getting paid (I'm 20).

Thanks!
    Aww yay, I'm also starting my induction for Next on Thursday though, what store are you at?

ReputationRep:
    You normally tour the store, make sure you know all the fire exits and procedures etc, how to pick stuff up in a safe way... what you will be doing just the basics really I got paid £6.13 whilst working at next... it's a nice place to work, lazy management though!!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 2, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.