Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

OCR COMPUTING A451 predictions 2016 watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    any predictions or tips?

ReputationRep:
    Because ocr ****ed up again with the controlled assessment by putting one of the answers in their textbook I'm guessing its going to be a repeat of last year and be ridiculously hard. Past papers won't really help unless you've got last years but I'd recommend looking at the harder topics which are likely to come up...DBMS, Software, Networks especially since there's so many things to learn. Look at mark schemes for 6 mark+ questions and practice writing them on those. But anyways good luck! I think everyone will need it

ReputationRep:
    I recommend using this guy for your revision, he literally helps a lot and watch his walk through videos to get a better understanding.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsB...Rg-vQASN2ZeHwg
    his videos are long but put in 4 hours which could be split up and you'll get it all done. then just practise with past papers. i mean you around 60 out of 80 for an A*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niam2607)
    Because ocr ****ed up again with the controlled assessment by putting one of the answers in their textbook I'm guessing its going to be a repeat of last year and be ridiculously hard. Past papers won't really help unless you've got last years but I'd recommend looking at the harder topics which are likely to come up...DBMS, Software, Networks especially since there's so many things to learn. Look at mark schemes for 6 mark+ questions and practice writing them on those. But anyways good luck! I think everyone will need it
    really? LMC wasn't in the textbook.... well thats what i thought...
    or was it the coding?

ReputationRep:
    I have a question -
    I got B's for the controlled assessment
    If I got a C in the exam, will I still get a B overall, since it's only 40%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JustJannah)
    I have a question -
    I got B's for the controlled assessment
    If I got a C in the exam, will I still get a B overall, since it's only 40%
    depends on how high ur C in the exam is

ReputationRep:
    I suggest you all look at this guy's YT playlist:
    https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...X-eslHud2Lyycd
    contains a video on each topic, so you can pick out the topics you are weak in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Niam2607)
    where do i find this awnser

ReputationRep:
    guyssss 2 more days leftttt
    I hope all ur revision is going well

ReputationRep:
    any predictions AT ALL?????????????? I've got 3 exams tomorrow, so I could do with like 3 main topics....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Hof123)
    any predictions AT ALL?????????????? I've got 3 exams tomorrow, so I could do with like 3 main topics....

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4110795

Just to make you feel better ive done literally no revision but i think dbms is a must learn for tomorrow. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcascomp)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4110795

Just to make you feel better ive done literally no revision but i think dbms is a must learn for tomorrow. Good luck!
    Thank you so much, and don't worry, I'm doing some tonight, hadn't done any before. I've got German tomorrow as well and thanks, I hate databases though, any tips you could help with, also how do you define a variable, and what is the use of HTML in the creation of a web page??

ReputationRep:
    This website is great for revision stoof https://getrevising.co.uk/revision-t...type=crossword

That's one someone made about databases

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Hof123)
    Thank you so much, and don't worry, I'm doing some tonight, hadn't done any before. I've got German tomorrow as well and thanks, I hate databases though, any tips you could help with, also how do you define a variable, and what is the use of HTML in the creation of a web page??
    Main tips is learn what the questions asking like "describe" and "explain" and "state" and what is needed to answer those questions differently. Like which one is gonna ask for examples, other than that another good bit of advice is dont cry onto the actual exam paper during the exam, like im going to be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mcascomp)
    Main tips is learn what the questions asking like "describe" and "explain" and "state" and what is needed to answer those questions differently. Like which one is gonna ask for examples, other than that another good bit of advice is dont cry onto the actual exam paper during the exam, like im going to be!
    Thanks, and awh, you'll do great!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 7, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.