Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Hi guys.

I'm 19 and I have gynemastia i have had this from puberty since around 13.

I have lost a lot of weight which meant it's not that noticeable with a black shirt on however with any other colour or without a shirt it is very noticable.

I have been to the GP and they can't do anything and referred me to a private surgeon. My parents don't approve as they just don't understand how it affects me.

I can't take my shirt off infront of my girlfriend of 3 years which is saying something.

I was thinking about getting surgery from a place in Poland called medimel who have great reviews without telling parents.

Any one got any advice or had this procedure done before? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Use the private surgeon recommended by your GP, it will be relatively straight forward. Your weight can fluctuate and judging by the degree of your shame/embarrassment, it's worth getting it done so that you are no longer preoccupied with your condition. You self esteem will lift as soon as it's done.

(Original post by All in the mind)
    Use the private surgeon recommended by your GP, it will be relatively straight forward. Your weight can fluctuate and judging by the degree of your shame/embarrassment, it's worth getting it done so that you are no longer preoccupied with your condition. You self esteem will lift as soon as it's done.
    Thanks for your reply.

I did actually go to the surgeon my GP reccomended but his results were no good and he seemed very inexperienced. From what I heard medimel do this type of procedure all the time, what do u think? Plus UK it costs £5,000 where as in Poland its £1,200 plus all the extra experience of the surgeon from what I hear

ReputationRep:
    I would still ask your (or another) GP about their opinion of the Polish level of medical care. You would also need a follow-up, so that needs to be taken into account. It's probably a huge saving but another professional opinion would be helpful. Don't rely purely on website advertising.

(Original post by All in the mind)
    I would still ask your (or another) GP about their opinion of the Polish level of medical care. You would also need a follow-up, so that needs to be taken into account. It's probably a huge saving but another professional opinion would be helpful. Don't rely purely on website advertising.
    Thank you for your reply :-) I will do just that!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 3, 2016
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.