Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

radiohead watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Any radiohead fans out there? have you got the Aribag/ how am I driving EP? Its out of stock in amazon and it keeps selling on ebay for £30 - do you reckon its work spending that much on it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steerpike1985)
    Any radiohead fans out there? have you got the Aribag/ how am I driving EP? Its out of stock in amazon and it keeps selling on ebay for £30 - do you reckon its work spending that much on it?
    You should be able to pick it up alot cheeper than that at one of the larger HMV stores, I got mine from the HMV in Oxford St for £8...

ReputationRep:
    Is it still being printed? It seems a little steep anyway, since you're only getting about 25 minutes of music.

But it's probably worth it, even at £30 - if only for the ethereal "Meeting in the Isle," epic two-part "Polyethylene," or thunderous "Palo Alto."

So, shop around. Wherever you but it from, you won't regret the purchase.

ReputationRep:
    Its bit out of print for years, and I thought it was a US cd only, so it could only be ordered from USA? I shall have to check it out! Thanks

ReputationRep:
    it is worth it but you can get it for less!!

ahh radiohead are amazing - anyone see them at glastonbury last year or cardiff??

ReputationRep:
    Nope, but I saw them at the Royal Festival Hall in 2000. Amazing :cool:

Couldn't afford Glastonbury tickets last year, which was a shame since it was a great line-up ... I've never seen R.E.M. Couldn't afford it this year either, for that matter.

ReputationRep:
    They were performing in Earls COurt a while ago, and I was going to go but the tickets for it were £100 each :eek:

ReputationRep:
    oooooo,i like radiohead can be a bit depressing listening to it after a while tho, making you want to slit your wrists, but their music is quite profound and people can relate to it, which i think is what people look for in music anyway.
    I like "exit music (for a film)" i used this in my media trailer for coursework
    i also think that Karma police is a great song.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vyse)
    Nope, but I saw them at the Royal Festival Hall in 2000. Amazing :cool:

Couldn't afford Glastonbury tickets last year, which was a shame since it was a great line-up ... I've never seen R.E.M. Couldn't afford it this year either, for that matter.
    oh no well, if it helps (it probably won't) i went this year and last year and although the line up was far better last year - all my favourite bands basically - i had a much better time this year because I wasn't rushing around so much. radiohead was definite highlight though - I dont know if anyone saw the footage but there was thi bit that showed all the steam that rose from the audience and seriously, it was that hot!! the surges were so strong I almost couldn't breathe (i was pretty near the front). it was fantastic though, when the whole crowd sung karma police it was amazing!!
    cardiff was also fantastic because it was much smaller and intimate and the sound quality was much better.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 7, 2004
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.