This discussion is closed.
gzftan
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Cate)
No it ain't (I'm down south too btw )
hahaha...oh well...i say up north...in fact i say it like this...

'oop noooooorrrttth!!' as an imitation of my rugby coach...cos he's from oop nooooortttthhh....

G
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
(Original post by Cate)
Manchester is hardly 'up north' :rolleyes: :confused:
I am glad somebody has some geography skills
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
lol - north of the Thames is considered 'up north' for those living south of it!
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by yawn1)
lol - north of the Thames is considered 'up north' for those living south of it!
Sadly though the stereotype seems true, people seem to thing Manchester is right up in Scotland and Newcastle is in the North Pole. God knows where they think Scotland is.
Ghost
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Heh I thought the title of this thread was "Is this the word summer record ever"?. I thought you were referring to that crappy euro-trash song by "O-Zone", I cant remember the name of the song, as it isnt in english..but it is frequently on those extremely annoying mobile phone ringtones adverts.
yawn1
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
God knows where they think Scotland is.

Right up north?
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by yawn1)
God knows where they think Scotland is.

Right up north?
Its about 2/3 of the way up north . Only the very far north of it such as the Shetlands is 'right up north'
SamTheMan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Ghost)
Heh I thought the title of this thread was "Is this the word summer record ever"?. I thought you were referring to that crappy euro-trash song by "O-Zone", I cant remember the name of the song, as it isnt in english..but it is frequently on those extremely annoying mobile phone ringtones adverts.
Same here. It makes me cringe. Having studied with Eastern European students, I know that they listen to a lot of ****. Mainly because they don't know anything else.
Bigcnee
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
My Mancunian mates consider themselves Northerners, so that is good enough for me.
glance
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
HoHoHo, I've just come back from the south coast of Spain. 40 degrees every day and not a cloud in the sky. In fact, it was too hot to go outside so I just stayed inside at midday and watched Wimbledon drinking lemonade :cool: Talking of Ozone, you should be pretty glad that it's not hot this summer- anyone else read in the paper about the threat of deadly Ozone fogs in the UK this summer because of the heat? Scary.
pikaboo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by glance)
HoHoHo, I've just come back from the south coast of Spain. 40 degrees every day and not a cloud in the sky. In fact, it was too hot to go outside so I just stayed inside at midday and watched Wimbledon drinking lemonade :cool: Talking of Ozone, you should be pretty glad that it's not hot this summer- anyone else read in the paper about the threat of deadly Ozone fogs in the UK this summer because of the heat? Scary.
Can't be worse than the smogs in Cairo - actually I thought it was gonna rain there because it was so overcast with air pollution. Which paper did you get that info from?
glance
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by pikaboo)
Can't be worse than the smogs in Cairo - actually I thought it was gonna rain there because it was so overcast with air pollution. Which paper did you get that info from?
It was front page, in a little column down the side, of I think The Telegraph.
pikaboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It was front page, in a little column down the side, of I think The Telegraph.
Thanks, I miss getting the broadsheets from school!
I didn't think the ozone situation was that bad in this country, but I know pollution is a problem in other areas of Europe especially in the summer.
wiwarin_mir
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Ok its nice today, it was nice yesterday but look at this:

Its supposed to be mid July, It hasn't seem to rise above 20c since May.

http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/...2?from=popular
This has been the best summer ever, it is amazing. Not only has it been nice and cool most of the time, it has also been raining a lot, what more could one ask for.
pikaboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm asking for sunbathing weather!
Not too fond of rain myself. Not the kind of rain we get here anyway - damp and drizzly - if it's gonna rain it should really belt it down. At least that's more fun to be outside in.
glance
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
I'm asking for sunbathing weather!
Not too fond of rain myself. Not the kind of rain we get here anyway - damp and drizzly - if it's gonna rain it should really belt it down. At least that's more fun to be outside in.
Or snow...snow in summer! How cool would that be?!
pikaboo
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Or snow...snow in summer! How cool would that be?!
It's happened before - go to the mountains
Shushi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Yep just to proove my Britishness I may start a thread on house prices later
i don't mind to talk about
glance
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
It's happened before - go to the mountains
Quality...I'm off to the mountains
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you finding researching unis for 2021 entry?

I have been able to get all the information I need from online research (65)
19.35%
I have tried virtual events and found them useful (72)
21.43%
I have tried virtual events and did not find them useful (62)
18.45%
I would be interested in trying socially distanced or scaled down in person events (70)
20.83%
I want to but don't know where to start with researching unis for 2021 entry (34)
10.12%
I haven't started researching yet (33)
9.82%

Watched Threads