Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Is this the worst summer on record? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    No it ain't (I'm down south too btw )
    hahaha...oh well...i say up north...in fact i say it like this...

'oop noooooorrrttth!!' as an imitation of my rugby coach...cos he's from oop nooooortttthhh....

G

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cate)
    Manchester is hardly 'up north' :rolleyes: :confused:
    I am glad somebody has some geography skills

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    lol - north of the Thames is considered 'up north' for those living south of it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    lol - north of the Thames is considered 'up north' for those living south of it!
    Sadly though the stereotype seems true, people seem to thing Manchester is right up in Scotland and Newcastle is in the North Pole. God knows where they think Scotland is.

ReputationRep:
    Heh I thought the title of this thread was "Is this the word summer record ever"?. I thought you were referring to that crappy euro-trash song by "O-Zone", I cant remember the name of the song, as it isnt in english..but it is frequently on those extremely annoying mobile phone ringtones adverts.

ReputationRep:
    God knows where they think Scotland is.

Right up north?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yawn1)
    God knows where they think Scotland is.

Right up north?
    Its about 2/3 of the way up north . Only the very far north of it such as the Shetlands is 'right up north'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ghost)
    Heh I thought the title of this thread was "Is this the word summer record ever"?. I thought you were referring to that crappy euro-trash song by "O-Zone", I cant remember the name of the song, as it isnt in english..but it is frequently on those extremely annoying mobile phone ringtones adverts.
    Same here. It makes me cringe. Having studied with Eastern European students, I know that they listen to a lot of ****. Mainly because they don't know anything else.

ReputationRep:
    My Mancunian mates consider themselves Northerners, so that is good enough for me.

ReputationRep:
    HoHoHo, I've just come back from the south coast of Spain. 40 degrees every day and not a cloud in the sky. In fact, it was too hot to go outside so I just stayed inside at midday and watched Wimbledon drinking lemonade :cool: Talking of Ozone, you should be pretty glad that it's not hot this summer- anyone else read in the paper about the threat of deadly Ozone fogs in the UK this summer because of the heat? Scary.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glance)
    HoHoHo, I've just come back from the south coast of Spain. 40 degrees every day and not a cloud in the sky. In fact, it was too hot to go outside so I just stayed inside at midday and watched Wimbledon drinking lemonade :cool: Talking of Ozone, you should be pretty glad that it's not hot this summer- anyone else read in the paper about the threat of deadly Ozone fogs in the UK this summer because of the heat? Scary.
    Can't be worse than the smogs in Cairo - actually I thought it was gonna rain there because it was so overcast with air pollution. Which paper did you get that info from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pikaboo)
    Can't be worse than the smogs in Cairo - actually I thought it was gonna rain there because it was so overcast with air pollution. Which paper did you get that info from?
    It was front page, in a little column down the side, of I think The Telegraph.

ReputationRep:
    It was front page, in a little column down the side, of I think The Telegraph.
    Thanks, I miss getting the broadsheets from school!
    I didn't think the ozone situation was that bad in this country, but I know pollution is a problem in other areas of Europe especially in the summer.

ReputationRep:
    Ok its nice today, it was nice yesterday but look at this:

Its supposed to be mid July, It hasn't seem to rise above 20c since May.

http://uk.weather.com/weather/local/...2?from=popular
    This has been the best summer ever, it is amazing. Not only has it been nice and cool most of the time, it has also been raining a lot, what more could one ask for.

ReputationRep:
    I'm asking for sunbathing weather!
    Not too fond of rain myself. Not the kind of rain we get here anyway - damp and drizzly - if it's gonna rain it should really belt it down. At least that's more fun to be outside in.

ReputationRep:
    I'm asking for sunbathing weather!
    Not too fond of rain myself. Not the kind of rain we get here anyway - damp and drizzly - if it's gonna rain it should really belt it down. At least that's more fun to be outside in.
    Or snow...snow in summer! How cool would that be?!

ReputationRep:
    Or snow...snow in summer! How cool would that be?!
    It's happened before - go to the mountains

ReputationRep:
    Yep just to proove my Britishness I may start a thread on house prices later
    i don't mind to talk about

ReputationRep:
    It's happened before - go to the mountains
    Quality...I'm off to the mountains

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.