Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have a competition this weekend but think I've torn a leg muscle. Watch

ReputationRep:
    I have a karate competition this weekend so in the run up I'm supposed to be training hard. However, the muscle just behind my left knee feels like I've pulled something. Hurts to straighten my left leg and to put weight on it. Doesn't hurt when it's mobile.

I can probably push past the pain and train, but I know this is probably a stupid thing to do.

Is there any way I solve this by the weekend? I got ice, tubigrip, naproxen.
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    It's a balance of whether you want to potentially cause a serious injury for the reward of the competition

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angry cucumber)
    It's a balance of whether you want to potentially cause a serious injury for the reward of the competition

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Any idea how long I would be recommended to rest it for?

And would it include things like walking etc?
    • TSR Support Team
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Lizzipth_Floyd)
    Any idea how long I would be recommended to rest it for?

And would it include things like walking etc?
    I'm not a doctor and if I was I can't examine you. I'd give it a week- fortnight and if no better to go to your gp

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 1, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.