Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Shakespeare Aggghhhhh watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi has anyone studied Much ado about nothing and think it is a confusing story?!!!!!!!!!! :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I thing its a big deal over nothing really

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried renting a production of the play on video or even going to see it performed? I'm off the the Globe soon in an attempt to understand 'Measure for Measure' later this year!

ReputationRep:
    yes production are always good and there are lots of books around that explain shakespear in mordern language...good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigfooty)
    Hi has anyone studied Much ado about nothing and think it is a confusing story?!!!!!!!!!! :confused:
    I haven't studied it but I have read it and on what I didn't understand I went on (as per usual) Spark notes: http://www.sparknotes.com/shakespeare/muchado/, where important quotes are analysed and summaries/analysis of all acts/scenes/characters/themes etc are given.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i studied it a couple of years ago when i did AS english lit and I got a B.

ReputationRep:
    It's one of my favourite Shakespeare plays. I studied it for AS Levels and really enjoyed it. I don't remember finding it confusing - at least not as much of some of his plays

ReputationRep:
    There's quite a modern film of it out with Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson, Denzel Washington, Keanu Reeves etc. Rather a good film IMO so it might help you understand the story

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Acaila)
    There's quite a modern film of it out with Kenneth Branagh, Emma Thompson, Denzel Washington, Keanu Reeves etc. Rather a good film IMO so it might help you understand the story

I agree. I really like that film, and it should make everything crystal clear.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.