Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm half way through GCSEs with only chemistry, biology, physics, 2 english language, maths and french to go but I have no motivation at all to revise! I'm not sure why and I need advice on how to keep going 😥

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gabrielealek)
    I'm half way through GCSEs with only chemistry, biology, physics, 2 english language, maths and french to go but I have no motivation at all to revise! I'm not sure why and I need advice on how to keep going 😥
    This is me too. I am being so lazy

ReputationRep:
    same , was really motivated before , but know i just cba

ReputationRep:
    same
    difference is
    im doing A2s so
    um
    yeh
    :lol:

Spoiler:
    Show
    :cry:

ReputationRep:
    Just wait until Results Day to find out that you've failed. No one can tell you whether to do the work or not, it's up to you.

I had these problems months ago and overcame them as I realised everything is in my control.

I hope you've done some work today!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy;[url="tel:65346427")
    65346427[/url]]Just wait until Results Day to find out that you've failed. No one can tell you whether to do the work or not, it's up to you.

I had these problems months ago and overcame them as I realised everything is in my control.

I have done about 4-5 hours which I know isn't enough but it's something right? Thanks for the reality check.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamie Vardy)
    Just wait until Results Day to find out that you've failed. No one can tell you whether to do the work or not, it's up to you.

I see your name everywhere...is that your actual name or did you purposely make your name like the football player?

ReputationRep:
    Just keep thinking of the summer... its working for me!
    Also you do NOT want to be feeling regret on results day- think how happy will you be in the future knowing you achieved those grades?
    Remember- it will be all over very soon!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hafsa473)
    I see your name everywhere...is that your actual name or did you purposely make your name like the football player?
    It's obviously the latter. Why would I put my real name on TSR?

ReputationRep:
    Thats me too I cba to do anything

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the same position, I have english language, 2 history, 2 biology, 2 physics, 2 chemistry, maths and a computing exam left. Don't hit yourself for feeling unmotivated, there are so many people in your position, me included. I find that last minute cramming works a treat and so I'm using the half-term to relax and reenergise so that when it comes to the night before my exams, I won't already be tired, bored and exhausted by working my bum off in the holidays. Choose a few facts to learn each day and just test yourself on the randomly during the day, but don't beat yourself up about feeling unmotivated. Hope this helps.

ReputationRep:
    same!
    i have no motivation and although i know il fail otherwise and i know il be disappointed in myself for knowing i could have done better, it doesnt spur me on

ReputationRep:
    Just pull on through. I'm fed up too but just think of your reaction on results day and the regret if you don't use this time just think how close you are to finishing after all of this time!

(Sorry for being harsh, it's the only way!)

ReputationRep:
    So relatable... I've only done about 3 hours today and I have 7 exams next week. I don't feel energetic as well. I've come down with a mild cold (in the summer, I know) and it's just making me feel lazy and tired all the same. I must've had 3 naps yesterday in between my revision... not good .

I'm probably going to try and head down to the library tomorrow to see if I can crack down on my revision.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.