Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to buy a epilator, cos Im sick of shaving and waxing, and Ive heard you get smooth legs for up to 4 weeks.
    As anyone got one? Is it painful? Is it effective?
    Should I get the braun or phillips one?

Le gra BlueAngel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlueAngel)
    I want to buy a epilator, cos Im sick of shaving and waxing, and Ive heard you get smooth legs for up to 4 weeks.

Le gra BlueAngel
    I think there are more than 2 i was looking at them yesterday. And i've heard its extremely painful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarky)
    I think there are more than 2 i was looking at them yesterday. And i've heard its extremely painful.

I dont mind the pain, beauty is painful. Im sure it cant be worse than waxing.

ReputationRep:

Le gra BlueAngel
    My mate bought one and she only used it once because it was so painful. Have you tried that cream by Johnsons which is meant to thin out the hairs on your legs so you dont have to shave so often. I dont see a problem with shaving. It takes 5 mins twice a week

ReputationRep:
    Well you did ask if it was painful....and i'm sure it is worse than waxing because waxing is very quick.

ReputationRep:
    Your body gets used to waxing. The more you do it the finer the hair grows so it hurts less to wax. Its much less hassle than having to remember to shave your legs in the shower in the mornings when you're half asleep - you can just forget about it.
    Donna
    -x-

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanx for all ur comments, I think I wont get it. Besides they cost alot too. I rather spend that money on a pair of jeans I wanted.
    Yeah I have that Johnsons cream, it smells lovely, but Ive only been wearing it a week, so It hasnt really thinned the hairs yet.

ReputationRep:
    Ok thanx for all ur comments, I think I wont get it. Besides they cost alot too. I rather spend that money on a pair of jeans I wanted.
    Yeah I have that Johnsons cream, it smells lovely, but Ive only been wearing it a week, so It hasnt really thinned the hairs yet.
    I use this babyliss product:
    http://www.babyliss.co.uk/jkcm/Default.asp?pg=211. It is painless and, as well as removing the hair, it also exfoliates the skin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by imperial_baby)
    no no get one1 i have one and i swear it's SO good! u have 2 b patient n u'll get used to the pain...it's "as simple as shaving but as effective as waxing"...bascially put it this way if i was stuck on a desert island and was only allowed one thing it wud be my epilady

Mmmm youve made me think now. Which model would you recommend? cos theres senstive ones, ice ones, satinelle ones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bratcat)
    I use this babyliss product:
    http://www.babyliss.co.uk/jkcm/Default.asp?pg=211. It is painless and, as well as removing the hair, it also exfoliates the skin.

but does it take it out from the root or skin?

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 6, 2004
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources
  • create my feed
  • edit my feed

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.