Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I have got a History exam next week. I am doing OCR history B A011/01 - Aspects of International Relations - The Cold War 1945 to 1975 and Germany 1918 to 1945

How do I revise for this???? I can't seem to concentrate on what part to revise and there are so many things to revise...

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

lolz first thing to do is step away from the computer screen....

ReputationRep:
    jk what bit of revising you struggling on?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by guy321)
    Hi, I have got a History exam next week. I am doing OCR history B A011/01 - Aspects of International Relations - The Cold War 1945 to 1975 and Germany 1918 to 1945

How do I revise for this???? I can't seem to concentrate on what part to revise and there are so many things to revise...
    My friend chose history for GCSE, and she got a really good grade overall for it. She revised by doing mindmaps of the topics, and then trying to answer questions which links to the source/evidence, something like that. If u need anymore help, then i could ask her

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arvin Bhambra)
    jk what bit of revising you struggling on?
    Literally all of history Ocr B.

ReputationRep:
    go through your notes and condense em. That way you are revising and preparing your notes.

Use your text book!

ReputationRep:
    Step 1. Close TSR.
    Step 2. Get some revision thingymajiggy, e.g. your book or a revision guide.
    Step 3. Open your book/revision guide.
    Step 4. Read what's in front of you.
    Step 5. Turn over to the next page.
    Step 6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 until there are no pages left.
    Step 7. Hope for the best.

(This is kind of a joke, sorry, haha. It's basically what I do though. Maybe do a few past papers after learning!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arvin Bhambra)
    go through your notes and condense em. That way you are revising and preparing your notes.
    I have no notes.
    Should i buy the cgp ocr history b revision guide? It was published in 2013 and i can get it by tomorrow (amazon prime). However, i think the spec changed and i am not sure if the cgp book covers all the content. I have the condensed ben walsh book for exams 2015 and onwards

ReputationRep:
    I have no notes.
    Should i buy the cgp ocr history b revision guide? It was published in 2013 and i can get it by tomorrow (amazon prime). However, i think the spec changed and i am not sure if the cgp book covers all the content. I have the condensed ben walsh book for exams 2015 and onwards
    yea i guess you should

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.