What means more to you? Race or culture?

Watch
Hubba_Hubba
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I've seen this question asked a lot on other websites.

Like if you met a british cultured black/ asian man, would you still see them as one of your own or not?
lolatmaths
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 years ago
You're on TSR. Obviously most will say race.
george-90
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Culture of course. The biological differences between different ethnic groups are minuscule compared to the possible philosophical, religious, and political differences.
ihatePE
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
if i see a british cultured asian, i will not see them as ''my own''. Its hard to explain but im half british cultured and half asian cultured so not completely white washed if you want to say that.
queen-bee
Badges: 19
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Culture?
HemmingsHood
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
wtf
Nidhoggr
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hubba_Hubba)

Like if you met a british cultured black/ asian man, would you still see them as one of your own or not?
Most people should say culture, as fundamentally race does not determine who you are

There are black people who act like white stereotypes, and white people who act like black and etc.

For example, say as a white british person you are more likely to get along with / have stuff in common with a black British guy than you would a white Polish guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
M14B
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Culture of course
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Race lol
I'm just kidding.
I'm going along with the stereotype of myself saying that, that's all.
ivybridge
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
Culture, I suppose.
Bang Outta Order
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Nidhoggr)
Most people should say culture, as fundamentally race does not determine who you are

There are black people who act like white stereotypes, and white people who act like black and etc.

For example, say as a white british person you are more likely to get along with / have stuff in common with a black British guy than you would a white Polish guy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I guess, yeah.
poundsoffat
Rep:
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Hubba_Hubba)

why does race or culture matter? they're a person that's all i care, i treat everyone equally until they do some **** i don't like or makes me see them differently
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 5 years ago
Culture ofc. Depends what you mean by one of your own? It isnt either or, but culture would be the most significant factor.
For instance in a hosrage situation I would have more in common with people based on culture i.e fellow Brits, Europeans, Westerners, rather than people based on their ethnicity.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (33)
9.85%
Okay (97)
28.96%
A bit lacking (122)
36.42%
Not good at all (83)
24.78%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed