Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,
    Over the three months of Summer I want to lose a lot of weight and tone up, i plan on going to a gym and doing pop pilates by Casey Ho to tone up and obvious eating as clean and healthy as possible. But I want to know how I can make the biggest impact in a healthy and safe way, like how many hours a day or a week, what machines to use at the gym or diets used and any other trick and trip that help you or you use.
    Please I'm desperate to shed this weight and tone up before I go to uni next year, any help is useful.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahneedshelp)
    Hey Guys,
    Over the three months of Summer I want to lose a lot of weight and tone up, i plan on going to a gym and doing pop pilates by Casey Ho to tone up and obvious eating as clean and healthy as possible. But I want to know how I can make the biggest impact in a healthy and safe way, like how many hours a day or a week, what machines to use at the gym or diets used and any other trick and trip that help you or you use.
    Please I'm desperate to shed this weight and tone up before I go to uni next year, any help is useful.
    Thanks
    An hour a day 3-4 times a week is good enough, it"s what you do in the gym that counts. Try using the free weights as I found weight lifting to be the best way to lose weight and keep it off as you build muscle which burns more energy. Also, healthy eating is the main battle with losing weight try to cut out fat where you can or replace it with better fats e.g.unsalted nuts/fruits instead of crisps or chocolate. A lot of the time this is where people fail as healthy food can be considered "plain'" to some people.

Here's a website which could be helpful it has some recipies and also some workout programmes if you look around http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/heal...-database.html

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.