Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Did any one see the new top gear what did you guys think of it?

I didn't like it the jokes fell bit flat and the audience didn't really seem into it Chris Evans seemed to need to shout to have any kind of impact and there seemed to be no laughter from the crowd as there was in the old one. the chemesty just didn't seem to be there having 3 presenters who kind of played of each other as opposed to Matt le Blank and Chris Evans who didn't seem to have any chemistry at all it hand no spark and I won't be watching the next one there are better uses of my time.

what do you guys think?
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    Ah no is has it started!!! I will have to watch it tonight and see what I think i defo think it wont be as good as the original !

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
    Ah no is has it started!!! I will have to watch it tonight and see what I think i defo think it wont be as good as the original !
    yep it was on Sunday and really bad.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    (Original post by jonathanemptage)
    yep it was on Sunday and really bad.

Is this the BBC one or the netflix one? I can see the BBC one being awful, and the netflix one being amazing because of the huge budget netflix has !!! I am hoping for more specials they are my favourite

ReputationRep:
    terrible

ReputationRep:
    absolutely crap
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    A load of ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arvin Bhambra)
    absolutely crap
    :laugh: Haha blunt but true!

Chris Evans tweeting about the 'FACTS' only further emphasised his extremely childish nature. The TV adverts called the new series 'long-awaited', yet this was only because people were interested in seeing how bad it was by only watching the first episode or two.

I just found it boring; what on Earth was the point of that drive to Blackpool?!?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    It's watchable I guess... but yeah it really doesn't live up to the old series. Chris Evans is very unlikable as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyKittenLady)
    Is this the BBC one or the netflix one? I can see the BBC one being awful, and the netflix one being amazing because of the huge budget netflix has !!! I am hoping for more specials they are my favourite
    the BBC one

I am refusing to watch it on principle
    • Very Important Poster

Very Important Poster
    [email protected] all the haters. they were always on a hiding to nothing. You should at least give it a chance. It took some time for the old series to build up and at this point there were always going to be a whole mass of people wanting it to fail. Seems silly tio try and recreate the old one.

The Amazon one will be fine , just with a bigger budget.

ReputationRep:
    It was decent. It's worth watching for a few more weeks and I think that the comedy value in a roadtrip would be the deciding factor (for me at least) whether it's worth watching.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 1, 2016
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.