The Student Room Group

GCSE English unit 1 help

Tomorrow is my English exam and I'm pretty sure unit 1 is multi model and persuasive writing. Just wondering does anyone have any idea on what the persuasive writing question will be? if not is their any major things I should be going over? Thanks everyone!
I've done this exam twice and the main thing I'd say is to always talk about the impact this has on the reader! Also if you try and incorporate the quote into your sentence, for example: The author of ___ says "____" in order to... Instead of "The author includes a similie. "____".
Remember in multi-modal to always compare instead of listing each one- and it may seem so ovbious to you but explain any photos. For example if it's a photo of kids eating cereal, don't just say "There's a bright photo in the top hand right corner", but fully explain what is in it.

For personal writing definitely plan for 5 minutes before you begin! Use your question booklet and write down any ideas, and the main thing you're going to talk about for each paragraph.

Are you on CCEA?
Thanks for the help and yeah I'm with ccea

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending