The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Official imperial college london 2017 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by KingYusHalo
I've checked everywhere and it's quite distressing for me.

Imperial is my top choice I'm really worried that they might have lost my application
:cry:

I don't think I received any confirmation at all when I applied last year. Only received emails about stuff like "check the website while you wait", and that was more than 10 days after I had sent my application. I sent my application on the 14th of October last year and the first email I received was on the 22nd titled "Find out about student life at Imperial", which as far as I know is not a confirmation email.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Hi,if Imperial invites you to an admissions day for an interview, does this mean that they are likely to make you an offer, or do they invite a lot of people and use the interview to "cull the herd". How much weight do they place on the interview?
1. Course: Mathematics (G103)
2. GCSE: A^ in Further Maths, 8A*s, 4As
3. AS actual: AAAAB in Maths,F.Maths,Phys,Chem,Bio with A(Prediction) in Additional F.Maths
4. A-Levels actual- A*A*A in Maths, F.Maths,Phys with A*(Prediction) in Additional F.Maths + got 3,3 in STEP (totally disappointed) with a few marks away from 2.
Applied to Oxford, Imperial, Warwick, Durham, UCL all for straight Maths.
I'm on a gap year and reapplying and I'm sitting AFM (AS+A2), STEP I,II,III, MAT and AEA this year.

Does anyone know how many marks roughly do you have to get in the MAT for Imperial for students taking a gap year? In the recent past papers I've been doing so far under strict time limits I'm averaging around 70. Would that be enough?
Also, does Imperial consider UMS marks because I got 96%, 97%, 94% for Maths, F.Maths and Physics for AS and 97%, 95%, 91% in Maths, F.Maths, Physics overall for AS+A2.
Reply 403
Anyone got a response back about biomedical engineering yet?
Original post by WarriorKnight15
Same :-)

Oh exciting! I'm feeling pretty nervous for tomorrow, how far are you traveling? There's only going to be twelve of us so that should be interesting
Original post by 10daveywi
Hi,if Imperial invites you to an admissions day for an interview, does this mean that they are likely to make you an offer, or do they invite a lot of people and use the interview to "cull the herd". How much weight do they place on the interview?

It depends on the subject. For physics, I heard that they interview about 50% and give an offer to roughly 70% of those interviewed
Just got my acknowledgement yesterday for Aeronautical Engineering. Has anyone been invited for an interview or asked for extra info??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Original post by onlyvips
Just got my acknowledgement yesterday for Aeronautical Engineering. Has anyone been invited for an interview or asked for extra info??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

what does the email say?
Original post by metrize
Mechanical engineering interviews?

I received an invitation for an interview this morning, mine is on the 16th November
Original post by PhoenixWings
I received an invitation for an interview this morning, mine is on the 16th November

Congratulations! May I ask when it was that you submitted your UCAS form? Thanks
Original post by WhiteScythe
Congratulations! May I ask when it was that you submitted your UCAS form? Thanks

Thank you :smile:

I submitted mine at the end of September, but I assume they have "batches" of applicants coming in for the applicant day and interview. The Mechanical Engineering department website isn't too helpful in terms of the application process but Electrical has the interview dates and the last ones are in March so Mechanical is probably the same.
Thank you :smile:

I submitted mine at the end of September, but I assume they have "batches" of applicants coming in for the applicant day and interview. The Mechanical Engineering department website isn't too helpful in terms of the application process but Electrical has the interview dates and the last ones are in March so Mechanical is probably the same.

Best of luck:smile:
Original post by WhiteScythe
Best of luck:smile:

Thank you, you too :smile:
Original post by davozgenius
what does the email say?

Basically saying thanks for the application etc.
It was sent from admissions.enquiries@Imperial but I haven't received any fee status questionnaires

What did your email say?
Original post by onlyvips
Basically saying thanks for the application etc.
It was sent from admissions.enquiries@Imperial but I haven't received any fee status questionnaires

What did your email say?

I got 2
the first one asked me to fill fee status and send it back and when i did they replied saying i should log on to the applicant area??? they didnt give me any login details
Original post by davozgenius
I got 2
the first one asked me to fill fee status and send it back and when i did they replied saying i should log on to the applicant area??? they didnt give me any login details

That's strange... when did you apply??

What are your AS grades, if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by oShahpo
What are your AS grades, if you don't mind me asking?

Further maths: A
Physics: A
Computing: A
General studies: E

And I did Maths a year early (so I've finished it now) and got an A*
Further maths: A
Physics: A
Computing: A
General studies: E

And I did Maths a year early (so I've finished it now) and got an A*

Awesome, you should be safe with an offer then hopefully.
I was wondering if you are supposed to receive emails notifying us they have our applications soon after sending it off?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending