The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Official imperial college london 2017 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Reply 980
I seriously think that if I am not given an offer in the next 2 months, then I am highly likely to be rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 981
Original post by nicholasswh
Are offer emails based on courses? Because i know a guy applying for aeronautical engineering who has already finished his interview, and i have heard naught from imperial...

Me and one other at my school applied for Aero, haven't heard anything either.
Original post by theaverage
Just got an offer for Maths and wasn't expecting it cos my MAT went terrible! Its not cos you applied both because I applied to Oxford too

Yours should come soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats!!! What score do you think you got for MAT?
Original post by goofyygoober
Congrats!!! What score do you think you got for MAT?

Ridiculously low - like low 50's

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by FlyHighSky
Could any of you help me out here? I am and International Physics applicant and I haven't done any AS levels my school chose to do all of them together at the end. I am predicted A*A*AAA (Maths,Biology,Physics,Chemistry,English). Is it worth applying with no AS levels?

I think it would be worth an application. If you don't get in, there's no harm done, and you don't want to regret not applying.

I say go for it!:tongue:
Just got an offer for Maths and wasn't expecting it cos my MAT went terrible! Its not cos you applied both because I applied to Oxford too

Yours should come soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Just out of curiosity, which letter does your last name start with? Cuz I just couldn't see any pattern in term of the order in which imperial gives out offer…
Got an offer for microbiology, anyone else?
Anyone got anything from Maths this week?
Original post by CaiusMartius
Anyone got anything from Maths this week?

No unfortunately nothing so far.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yours should come soon!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congrats. If I may ask, what were your predicted grades?
Original post by ozmo19
I think it would be worth an application. If you don't get in, there's no harm done, and you don't want to regret not applying.

I say go for it!:tongue:

Thank you! That gives me a glimmer of hope!!
Anyone who's applied for physics heard anything recently?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody know if they send an email first or is it a legitimate letter for an invitation?
Reply 993
i have applied to imperial college for civil engineering in mid Oct and i am an international applicant
i forgot to attach reference in UCAS at that time and they said they were unable to process my application if they didn't receive my reference
i have asked my referee to send it to them in late Oct
however i haven't receive any update from the interview or any offers in two months
should i send an email to them to see whether they are processing my application?
Original post by 98matt
Anyone who's applied for physics heard anything recently?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for physics but still no offer. Had my interview over 6 weeks ago.
Received an offer for Maths yesterday - A*A*A with no STEP which I am so happy about!
Reply 996
Original post by carly1999
Received an offer for Maths yesterday - A*A*A with no STEP which I am so happy about!

Congrats! Btw, is it true that all the decisions are made after 10pm?
Original post by AQiiii
Congrats! Btw, is it true that all the decisions are made after 10pm?

Thank you! It seems like that's when they are sent out, I got mine at 22:01
Original post by bobmarly024
intended course physics

Gcses: 2 a*(1 in physics full ums) 4a's 4b's 1c ( i messed around in gcse)

AS: Maths A (ums 280+) ICT A (high ums, school did not offer computer science )

A-2 predicted : Maths a* physics a* ict a

Extra-curricular: I have done graduate level research at UCL- work was published in a scientific journal (Exoplanets). Participated in nuffield science project. Attended a LOT of physics lectures(18ish), gold crest award, Ogden trust physicist award, applied to big bang national fair, have done quite a bit of independent physics reading and research.

what are my chances of getting to the interview stage? (mainly worried about Gcses and lack of computer science)

nah computer science won't hurt your chances much
Original post by bobmarly024
intended course physics

what are my chances of getting to the interview stage? (mainly worried about Gcses and lack of computer science)

Do your school offer further maths? I think they'd be more likely to ask you why you hadn't taken it. Your extracurriculars sound great though!! :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending