The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Official imperial college london 2017 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Myrm021
Hi guys, I have heard in previous years that biomed a imperial requires the BMAT. However, for 2017 entry I noticed BMAT was not mentioned. Can anyone confirm this please?

Definitely no BMAT this year cause they even changed the name of the course.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Subject: Physics
GCSE: 2A*6A
AS:AABC in maths physics, fmath, chem
A2 Predictions: A*A*A in maths, physics, fmath
Good extracurricular, PS and ref.
Chances??
Original post by samendrag
Subject: Physics
GCSE: 2A*6A
AS:AABC in maths physics, fmath, chem
A2 Predictions: A*A*A in maths, physics, fmath
Good extracurricular, PS and ref.
Chances??

For 2014 Imperial had a 6.8 : 1 applications to admissions ratio. This info can be found here: http://www.imperial.ac.uk/study/ug/courses/physics-department/ .

They may be a bit concerned about the B and C, but as long as you have the correct predictions then at least go for it. One of your As is in Physics anyway.
yea, but wont 90% people have AAAA+ AS and amazing predicted?
Reply 104
Intended Subject: Physics

GCSEs: 4A*, 3As and a B

AS: AA (Maths+Further Maths)

A Level Predicted: A*(Maths), A*(Physics), A*(Chem), A(Further Maths)

I have no noteworthy extracurriculars, but I completed a CREST project last year and will be doing an EPQ this year. Hopefully I get an offer.
Original post by DuckzzZ
Intended Subject: Physics

GCSEs: 4A*, 3As and a B

AS: AA (Maths+Further Maths)

A Level Predicted: A*(Maths), A*(Physics), A*(Chem), A(Further Maths)

I have no noteworthy extracurriculars, but I completed a CREST project last year and will be doing an EPQ this year. Hopefully I get an offer.

You doing Physics ad chem together next year, so no AS grades, private school or grammer??
yea, but wont 90% people have AAAA+ AS and amazing predicted?

That's true. Though, I have AAAAA at AS, and above 90% in Physics and I'm being predicted an A, not an A* as far as I'm aware, and my tracking tests were generally above 90%. I'm applying for CompSci, not Physics, but just using it as an example.

TSR is full of high achievers as well, and there are other people applying coming into that 6.8 people applying that don't have AAAA. But then again, there are people applying who aren't on TSR that have AAAA.
Reply 107
You doing Physics ad chem together next year, so no AS grades, private school or grammer??

I just go to a regular 6th form college, and yes my 6th form decided to forgo the AS exams for Physics and Chemistry so I have no AS grades for them.
-Physics
-GCSE - 1A*6A2B
-AS-level - AAAB (maths, physics, chemistry and further maths respectively)
-A-level A*-maths A*-chemistry A- physics B - further maths
Extracurriculars - nothing exciting :frown:

still not sure if a) my grades are good enough and b) if I want to stay in London for uni. c) still not sure what to apply for
Original post by Chemgawd99
-Physics
-GCSE - 1A*6A2B
-AS-level - AAAB (maths, physics, chemistry and further maths respectively)
-A-level A*-maths A*-chemistry A- physics B - further maths
Extracurriculars - nothing exciting :frown:

still not sure if a) my grades are good enough and b) if I want to stay in London for uni. c) still not sure what to apply for

If you get in for physics, I think a newly named account is in order.
Intended Subject - Civil Engineering

GCSE - (Not good) :frown: 7 A*s 5 A's

AS Levels - (I've done it already) A*AA (Looking at around 94.4% average across all subjects)

Predicted A2 - A*A*A*A (I'm shooting myself over my A prediction :frown:)

PS: If you're gonna ask why I got an A* at AS, it's because I did the full maths A-Level in my first year :biggrin:

What are my chances?
(edited 7 years ago)
Hey everyone, doing my personal statement ATM and basically her charavrer count is rude and disprespectful. I only have room for relevant extra-currics so they are all solely related to my subject (maths) with no music, volunteering achievements etc. Do imperial tend to me okay with this? Or does anyone know if they value "well rounded" applicants or whatever? Thanks!
Original post by QueenOfCaffeine
Hey everyone, doing my personal statement ATM and basically her charavrer count is rude and disprespectful. I only have room for relevant extra-currics so they are all solely related to my subject (maths) with no music, volunteering achievements etc. Do imperial tend to me okay with this? Or does anyone know if they value "well rounded" applicants or whatever? Thanks!

It's honestly fine to not put those in - I only had room for one non-academic thing in my statement and I was fine. If you really want to mention those things you can always ask your referee to mention them in your reference. Good luck! :smile:
I would like to know an A-Level in an applicant's native language wouldn't be included in offer conditions for a Bachelor's degree (3 year course) in Electrical and Electronic engineering. Thank you in advance.
Edit: It says on the UCAS website that they don't, however I emailed the EEE admissions office and they say they do, who to believe?
Is anyone going to apply for biology/chemistry? If yes what are your predicted grades?
Original post by josemaria
I would like to know an A-Level in an applicant's native language wouldn't be included in offer conditions for a Bachelor's degree (3 year course) in Electrical and Electronic engineering. Thank you in advance.
Edit: It says on the UCAS website that they don't, however I emailed the EEE admissions office and they say they do, who to believe?

I would lean towards thinking the admissions office is right, but I wouldn't be surprised if they misunderstood your question and got the answer wrong. As long as you meet their other subject requirements (and especially if it's a fourth A Level) then I don't think there is any harm in applying - you can chose five universities to apply to after all and you don't want to end up regretting not putting it down :smile:
Original post by anemoneblanda
Is anyone going to apply for biology/chemistry? If yes what are your predicted grades?

When I applied for Biology my predicted grades were AAA (with an A in the extra AS Level I picked up in Year 13)

If you were interested in applying for Biology, I'm a final year student now so if you have any questions about Biology at Imperial then please feel free to ask me :h:.
Original post by nonametosee
Intended Subject - Civil Engineering

GCSE - (Not good) :frown: 7 A*s 5 A's

AS Levels - (I've done it already) A*AA (Looking at around 94.4% average across all subjects)

Predicted A2 - A*A*A*A (I'm shooting myself over my A prediction :frown:)

PS: If you're gonna ask why I got an A* at AS, it's because I did the full maths A-Level in my first year :biggrin:

What are my chances?

You literally have no chance, may as well not apply.
Original post by KloppOClock
You literally have no chance, may as well not apply.

Are you for real? :frown:
Original post by nonametosee
Are you for real? :frown:

Are you?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending