The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Official imperial college london 2017 applicants

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mumofboys
My son has received a rejection. Actual achieved grades A*A*A*A(Maths, FM, Chem, Physics)

Im sorry to hear that, would you mind me asking whether they sent him an email or updated it on track.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by TigerDad
That's startling - my son was also rejected this week, without even an interview, actual grades A* Maths, A* Physics, A Chemistry, A Further Maths. Imperial appear to have lost their minds.

Why on earth would they be rejecting the very top candidates and yet offering much lower grades to others?

You can challenge the decision, you can demand an interveiw as your son exceeded the requirments
Original post by davozgenius
You can challenge the decision, you can demand an interveiw as your son exceeded the requirments

Not sure you can demand an interview but you can definitely request feedback . Friend of mine did that (albeit a lower uni ) and was able to challenge the feedback (uni had made a factual error ) and she was offered a place
Original post by goodadvice12
Not sure you can demand an interview but you can definitely request feedback . Friend of mine did that (albeit a lower uni ) and was able to challenge the feedback (uni had made a factual error ) and she was offered a place

At this stage they have no reason to reject him, so yes they can ask for their interveiwing criteria and demand an interveiw. Good luck
you can demand an interveiw as your son exceeded the requirments

What are you basing that assertion on?
Original post by RogerOxon
What are you basing that assertion on?

Ive seen an identical situation at cambridge
Original post by elim2015
GCSE: mixture of A*s,As,Bs
A level predicted: A*A*AA
Course applied: physics

Is there a forum just for 2017 imperial physics applicants? I went to the interview in December, still waiting for replies. Anyone who has been to the interview and got an offer? Do you know how long I need to wait? Thank you!

Hi I had an interview for physics on October 28th and received an offer from imperial on 28th of November.

Interesting. With or without an admissions test?

I think you're thinking of the time that someone got an interview, but didn't get an offer, then found out they weren't pooled even thought they qualified for autopooling, so complained and then another college offered them a place. I doubt anyone has ever successfully demanded an interview, and anyway, Imperial isn't Cambridge.

Speaking of Cam, did you ever hear back from them? You were reinterviewed, right?
Original post by liziepie
I think you're thinking of the time that someone got an interview, but didn't get an offer, then found out they weren't pooled even thought they qualified for autopooling, so complained and then another college offered them a place. I doubt anyone has ever successfully demanded an interview, and anyway, Imperial isn't Cambridge.

Speaking of Cam, did you ever hear back from them? You were reinterviewed, right?

I am still waiting! , were you reintwrveid?
Original post by Kalikumar
Hi I had an interview for physics on October 28th and received an offer from imperial on 28th of November.

Wow that's exactly a month, thank you for your reply, so in theory I should hear from them in the next two weeks. Would you mind tell me when did you apply? Just wondering maybe you got interviewed early because you applied early?
Original post by elim2015
Wow that's exactly a month, thank you for your reply, so in theory I should hear from them in the next two weeks. Would you mind tell me when did you apply? Just wondering maybe you got interviewed early because you applied early?

yes. I applied very early in September.
Any offer for physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lawmanqq1999
Any offer for physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I got an offer for Physics with condition of 2A*A
I got an offer for Physics with condition of 2A*A

What were your ums if you don't mind me asking?
Original post by josie199890
What were your ums if you don't mind me asking?

I got C1,C2 C3&M1 100UMS. M2 97 , FP1 96, S1 96. Other subjects are reformed
I got C1,C2 C3&M1 100UMS. M2 97 , FP1 96, S1 96. Other subjects are reformed

Oh well done! Can I ask when you were interviewed?
Original post by josie199890
Oh well done! Can I ask when you were interviewed?

October 28th
Original post by lawmanqq1999
Any offer for physics?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Physics offer A*A*A, interview December 8th, offer came December 13th
Original post by aminxv
Physics offer A*A*A, interview December 8th, offer came December 13th

So jealous of you, I had my interview a day before you, still waiting. You must've done so well in the interview. Congrats

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending