Original post by louisforrest
Yeah on maths, mechanics and chemistry

Did they ask for bands or just AAA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Reply 1741
Is anyone still yet to hear back for civil engineering?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Has anybody who went for an interview for EEE on the 15th heard back yet?
Original post by BVB09AubaXVII
Has anybody who went for an interview for EEE on the 15th heard back yet?

Also had a Skype interview on this date, still waiting

Who was your interviewer ?)
Reply 1744
I havent heard back from any of my unis yet. I applied to maths at imperial and UCL on the day of the oxbridge deadline yet i havent heard anything from them.....
Original post by Yoyosi
I havent heard back from any of my unis yet. I applied to maths at imperial and UCL on the day of the oxbridge deadline yet i havent heard anything from them.....

A lot of people haven't heard back from ucl, but I heard back from imperial for an interview a few days ago as an international applicant. Imperial also requires interviews and march 1st is the last interview date.
Original post by AmanGottu
A lot of people haven't heard back from ucl, but I heard back from imperial for an interview a few days ago as an international applicant. Imperial also requires interviews and march 1st is the last interview date.

Imperial don't interview for maths

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Imperial don't interview for maths

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Sorry I applied for computing so i thought all courses did.
Original post by FJCX
Hi All,

Has anyone received an offer for biochem yet or any rejections, I'm really starting to panick, haven't heard anything back, I applied before the oxbridge deadline

Same here :frown: They should let us know by the end of march though, so only one month of painful waiting left. I've heard of people who have offers though, I think they're just going through the appilcations randomly
Reply 1749
Hello ! I thought I'd be cool if I just shared my interview experience yesterday, either for people getting an interview in March or future applicants.

So, like many of my peers, I received an interview proposal for Materials science and engineering instead of what i applied to, and I was fairly pleased. I went to ICL yesterday, we were about 20 ? We first had an introduction to the course along with lectures. As for the interview, it was in between three schedules, 12-12.30-13-13.30 . The professor was really nice, he asked why I wanted ICL, and then why Materials science. Two questions I had previously prepared for, so nothing suprising here. then he asked a few questions about bonds between matter component, which I assume did fairly well, nothing outstanding but I could answer most of the questions. He also asked what materials were present in the room. I don't think I have forgotten any. He didn't ask any logical question, as I thought he would. He then asked me if I had any questions, and I asked a few about both the school, the course and a few technical ones about graphene research.

i'm pretty confident right now, and would be terribly sad if I receive any rejection mail given my current commitment.

The tour of the campus was really great, and undergraduates were really pleasant to discuss with, pretty different from the nerd cliché I had.

For future applicants, If I can give you an advice, is to look up for informations about the academic staff of the department you're applying for. My interviewer seemed really pleased that I mentionned Pr. Gr**** as one of the person that really inspired me. He said he was greatly influenced by him too. There may also be some lectures from your department on Youtube (it was the case for Mat. Sc.)

wish you best
Original post by spark99
Anyone knows if Department of Computing's likely to send out offers today? I was interviewed on Feb. 1 and it's been about 3 weeks since I've been interviewed :frown:

I was interviewed for maths and computing on the 25th of January and just got an offer last night so it took them almost a month to get back to me - stay hopeful. 😀
Original post by AzzAxC100
I was interviewed for maths and computing on the 25th of January and just got an offer last night so it took them almost a month to get back to me - stay hopeful. 😀

Could you please tell me how your computing interview went. I have one on the 1st!
Original post by goodadvice12
what are your predicted grades?

My UCAS grades are A*A*A, but I believe that I can get A*A*A*.

Thanks! I guess I'll get one next week :smile: What's your offer??
Original post by AmanGottu
Could you please tell me how your computing interview went. I have one on the 1st!

It was quite similar to some of the other ones on here. They asked me why I wanted to go to IC and then just two questions; one maths and one computing. The computing one was a logic puzzle and the maths one was to find the shortest route from one corner of the room to the one diagonally opposite so that wasn't to bad. Some folk came out though and their questions were really hard so there's quite a bit of luck involved. Good luck with you interview.
Original post by spark99
Thanks! I guess I'll get one next week :smile: What's your offer??

I'm Scottish so it was the offer was on Advanced Highers. It was an A1 in maths and maths of mechanics and A2 in computing and physics. So like roughly that's probably A*A*AA. That was for MEng Maths and Computer Science. Hope this helps. :smile:
I'm Scottish so it was the offer was on Advanced Highers. It was an A1 in maths and maths of mechanics and A2 in computing and physics. So like roughly that's probably A*A*AA. That was for MEng Maths and Computer Science. Hope this helps. :smile:

Bands in your offer? That's tough what did you get in highers??
guys, I have an offer with a condition really hard to meet... do you know how strict they are in terms of the requirements?

let's say they ask for a 90% and I achieve a 88% (overall grade of the degree), would I be out?

thanks
Original post by Erasman
guys, I have an offer with a condition really hard to meet... do you know how strict they are in terms of the requirements?

let's say they ask for a 90% and I achieve a 88% (overall grade of the degree), would I be out?

thanks

Well I guess it depends on what curriculum you have; someone who achieve A in an A* required course or a 6 in a 7 required course will automatically be rejected.

However, people who got like 88/120 in STEP (who needed a 90/120) sometimes got accepted anyways.

Hope this helped :smile:
Do any of you guys know if Imperial Admissions work over the weekends? I think someone just got rejected...

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending