Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey all,
    So far my GCSE'S have gone really well, other than a bit of 3H maths(But I have 4H to make up for that!). I'm predicted 9 A stars which kinda adds alot of pressure but I also have really quite bad handwriting.This hasnt been too bad so far apart from RS where I only had 2 mins at the end after I finished so I couldnt check through. I'm really worried that Im going to lose loads of marks on RS just because they cannot read my writing or cant be bothered to try. Is there anything I can do, or anyone who has been in my shoes?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    yes i have the same issue as u

ReputationRep:
    love the name

ReputationRep:
    Talk to your school. If your handwriting is REALLY bad they can do some tests and if you get in a certain boundary you can get a laptop to type of in exams

ReputationRep:
    you're not going to get approved for a laptop now you're already in the middle of exams, your school would surely have picked this up before if it was genuinely going to stop you getting marks? try not to worry about it now, the likelihood is the examiner will take a few minutes to read your handwriting (teachers - who will be marking - can decipher all sorts of crazy scrawl quite easily) if you've written a good and interesting answer and there's nothing you can do now... for your remaining exams just try and take your time, if you feel your handwriting is getting too bad, slow down and focus on getting things written properly

in the future it might be worth trying to practice your handwriting, if you practice enough you will be able to write neatly and quickly

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by doodle_333)
    you're not going to get approved for a laptop now you're already in the middle of exams, your school would surely have picked this up before if it was genuinely going to stop you getting marks? try not to worry about it now, the likelihood is the examiner will take a few minutes to read your handwriting (teachers - who will be marking - can decipher all sorts of crazy scrawl quite easily) if you've written a good and interesting answer and there's nothing you can do now... for your remaining exams just try and take your time, if you feel your handwriting is getting too bad, slow down and focus on getting things written properly

in the future it might be worth trying to practice your handwriting, if you practice enough you will be able to write neatly and quickly
    Did you, yourself,experience bad handwriting?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Handwritingman)
    Did you, yourself,experience bad handwriting?
    my handwriting isn't amazing (although I think it's much worse now than it was when I was sitting exams) but I can certainly write fast while keeping it legible still

ReputationRep:
    I have the same problem as you in subjects like English. But as teachers (who have never taught me before) were able to read my handwriting for mocks, I am hoping the examiners will be able to read mine

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.