Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

I'm 99% sure I have a load of mosquito bites on my body. I've had flea bites before and it isn't that. However I'm slightly concerned because I have a cluster on my left ankle/foot and it's swollen, and it's quite numb and tingles a lot, it feels very tight. I'm not sure if I've had a reaction. What do you think? I've attached a photo. Anyone know how I can relieve the swelling? I've used creams and stuff but nothing is working, looked into home remedies, toothpaste made it sting.Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1464711131.895048.jpg
Views: 132
Size:  138.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That looks very swollen, I would recommend getting that looked at to make sure that there is nothing bad there
    • TSR Community Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Community Team
    (Original post by sarkrista112)
    Hey,

I'm 99% sure I have a load of mosquito bites on my body. I've had flea bites before and it isn't that. However I'm slightly concerned because I have a cluster on my left ankle/foot and it's swollen, and it's quite numb and tingles a lot, it feels very tight. I'm not sure if I've had a reaction. What do you think? I've attached a photo. Anyone know how I can relieve the swelling? I've used creams and stuff but nothing is working, looked into home remedies, toothpaste made it sting.Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1464711131.895048.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Heya, I think you should go and see a Dr about this just to make sure it's okay

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Puddles the Monkey;[url="tel:65340253")
    65340253[/url]]Heya, I think you should go and see a Dr about this just to make sure it's okay
    Thanks. I would if I was in the UK but it's tricky where I am, I hope it goes down by itself.
    • Very Important Poster
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Very Important Poster
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by sarkrista112)
    Hey,

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If any bites or stings swell up like this then a standard antihistamine wont hurt and should reduce the swelling if it is an allergic reaction.

It is possible for bites/stings to get infected though so if it doesn't go down soon then visit your doctor

http://www.nhs.uk/Conditions/Bites-i.../Symptoms.aspx

I would react really badly to mosquito bites, sometimes I would get what you have in that picture. It would hurt at the centre; where the mosquito bit. Still would go to the doctor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PQ)
    If any bites or stings swell up like this then a standard antihistamine wont hurt and should reduce the swelling if it is an allergic reaction.

This. I sometimes get swelling reactions to mosquito bites (my hand once blew up like a balloon) and the doc just told me to take cetirizine (standard over the counter hayfever medicine) and it went away within a few days.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: June 1, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.