Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, just thought id make a thread on the unit 3 exam coming up but how is everyone doing with their revision?

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I'm unsure on what the timings are for questions, particularly 6,8,10 markers. If anyone knows how long we need to spend on doing these in an exam that would be helpful?

ReputationRep:
    This is quite useful I believe. Guide on how to answer the different questions in this exam. Picked it out from an old thread. Thanks goes to Joe7 for making it and good luck everyone!
    Attached Images
  1. File Type: pdf BusinessRevisionTips (1).pdf (75.6 KB, 185 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurencacti)
    Ok, I'm unsure on what the timings are for questions, particularly 6,8,10 markers. If anyone knows how long we need to spend on doing these in an exam that would be helpful?
    It says on the exam paper itself to spend 40 minutes on Section A, 30 minutes on Section B and 20 minutes on Section C.

I would say try and spend a 'mark a minute' or more on the low mark answers and this will allow you to free up time for the 6,8 and 10 markers. For these higher mark questions I would spend slightly longer than the number of marks they are so you can ensure you get most of the marks from them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laurencacti)
    6 marks - 6 minutes ect ect

Thats what my teacher told me anyway, but i think it would okay to spend 10-14 minutes on the 10 markers and the other big questions as well. it also said at the top of each section of the paper how long you should spend on the questions so if you are stuck just use that as help.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Speedbird129)
    It says on the exam paper itself to spend 40 minutes on Section A, 30 minutes on Section B and 20 minutes on Section C.

I would say try and spend a 'mark a minute' or more on the low mark answers and this will allow you to free up time for the 6,8 and 10 markers. For these higher mark questions I would spend slightly longer than the number of marks they are so you can ensure you get most of the marks from them.

Oh ok thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomsarecool)
    6 marks - 6 minutes ect ect

Thats what my teacher told me anyway, but i think it would okay to spend 10-14 minutes on the 10 markers and the other big questions as well. it also said at the top of each section of the paper how long you should spend on the questions so if you are stuck just use that as help.
    This is very helpful thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Im doing well but need to revise the last topic which is 3.5

but I found a revision pack which you guys can do aswell just download it .

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.