Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can someones personality recover from mental heath problems? Watch

Will try and keep this short as I can.

Now 31, 10 years ago a family member was murdered and despite my family being innocent people were pointing fingers and whispering saying we killed them, and we were scum as we just happened to be on benefits (despite only being so as dad had serious health problems despite being middle class when I was a kid before the heath issues occured and him doing huge amounts of charity work and winning awards)

I was obviously going through a bad time and my best friend, well one of two only friends I have as I also have aspergers, just before the murder I was finally coming out of my shell started getting female attention (but still just a little too shy to do much about it but I did flirt) my entire image changed for the better, I dressed smarter, took care of my looks not to a metrosexual level I just mean regular haircuts, good shampoos, lotion on skin after shaving and making sure clothes were clean and ironed every day.

After the murder I felt low a lot but still had same interests, it would be like saying you had a few drinks after work just about enough to get tipsy (except I didnt drink and even 1 pint I was literally blacking out still don't know why)

Had a few fresh starts but were always ruined by something, had a flatmate with serious mental heath issues who punched holes in walls, had my identity stolen, landlord illegally evicted me due to the flatmate as he owed rent arrears, rushed into university but it was too much too soon and the usual fresher flatmates who drank a lot and partied most of night, so went to a better ranking university to have a flatmate who stole everything from me from food, to parcels (despite him being middle class he claimed he was poor so it was validated) so moved to a property across the road to have a manic depressive flatmate, and other turned his room into a party den, gave out keys to all his friends and so 24/7 music so loud when I knocked on door to ask them to put it down it was drowned out by music, then was illegally evicted as the warden stole my money and claimed I never paid, so moved to a summer property and was illegally evicted (landlord was meant to turn up every Friday 2-4 for rent but never did and claimed I was avoiding him) keeping all my possessions including a pc worth £700, a tv worth £800, and at same time my identity was stolen and £5000 stolen from my bank accounts (that was loan and overdraft) meaning even now I get debt collectors chasing me.

Then moved to another place and guy was nice but again parties, and random strangers raiding my cupboard for food and drink, and landlord harassed me as blamed me for noise, and in the end never returned deposit.

I better stop there but even in the years since then its a similar story, bad landlords, deposit not returned, junkie/drunk neighbours (and twice drug dealing neighbours) identity theft 4 times in 7 years ruining my credit score

So theres a few points to this, as I in my 30s I feel old (I can start to see my skin aging) each time I start college or uni I drop out as I am up against 18 year olds who never include me in things (and when asked they say they thought someone my age wouldnt be interested) Then I have to prove myself in educational ways to people with fresher minds and my mental health whilst more stable in some ways now I havent been in education a few years is worse because I have had nothing to make it better.

The original reason I wanted to open thread was back when I first had issues, well 1 year old I fell out with a friend I knew for 5 and a half years as he said I had changed, well when someone in my family was murdered and people gossip and point fingers well of course that will happen, we made up 3 years later for a few months and fell out again this time for good (reasons for that was he was always bad mouthing his ex and I was just saying she is bad for him if she makes him feel that way) he got back with her and said I was a nasty person for bad mouthing her.

So my personality changed for the worse and gets worse year by year so is there any way it can get better?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Will try and keep this short as I can.

Now 31, 10 years ago a family member was murdered and despite my family being innocent people were pointing fingers and whispering saying we killed them, and we were scum as we just happened to be on benefits (despite only being so as dad had serious health problems despite being middle class when I was a kid before the heath issues occured and him doing huge amounts of charity work and winning awards)

I was obviously going through a bad time and my best friend, well one of two only friends I have as I also have aspergers, just before the murder I was finally coming out of my shell started getting female attention (but still just a little too shy to do much about it but I did flirt) my entire image changed for the better, I dressed smarter, took care of my looks not to a metrosexual level I just mean regular haircuts, good shampoos, lotion on skin after shaving and making sure clothes were clean and ironed every day.

After the murder I felt low a lot but still had same interests, it would be like saying you had a few drinks after work just about enough to get tipsy (except I didnt drink and even 1 pint I was literally blacking out still don't know why)

Had a few fresh starts but were always ruined by something, had a flatmate with serious mental heath issues who punched holes in walls, had my identity stolen, landlord illegally evicted me due to the flatmate as he owed rent arrears, rushed into university but it was too much too soon and the usual fresher flatmates who drank a lot and partied most of night, so went to a better ranking university to have a flatmate who stole everything from me from food, to parcels (despite him being middle class he claimed he was poor so it was validated) so moved to a property across the road to have a manic depressive flatmate, and other turned his room into a party den, gave out keys to all his friends and so 24/7 music so loud when I knocked on door to ask them to put it down it was drowned out by music, then was illegally evicted as the warden stole my money and claimed I never paid, so moved to a summer property and was illegally evicted (landlord was meant to turn up every Friday 2-4 for rent but never did and claimed I was avoiding him) keeping all my possessions including a pc worth £700, a tv worth £800, and at same time my identity was stolen and £5000 stolen from my bank accounts (that was loan and overdraft) meaning even now I get debt collectors chasing me.

Then moved to another place and guy was nice but again parties, and random strangers raiding my cupboard for food and drink, and landlord harassed me as blamed me for noise, and in the end never returned deposit.

I better stop there but even in the years since then its a similar story, bad landlords, deposit not returned, junkie/drunk neighbours (and twice drug dealing neighbours) identity theft 4 times in 7 years ruining my credit score

So theres a few points to this, as I in my 30s I feel old (I can start to see my skin aging) each time I start college or uni I drop out as I am up against 18 year olds who never include me in things (and when asked they say they thought someone my age wouldnt be interested) Then I have to prove myself in educational ways to people with fresher minds and my mental health whilst more stable in some ways now I havent been in education a few years is worse because I have had nothing to make it better.

The original reason I wanted to open thread was back when I first had issues, well 1 year old I fell out with a friend I knew for 5 and a half years as he said I had changed, well when someone in my family was murdered and people gossip and point fingers well of course that will happen, we made up 3 years later for a few months and fell out again this time for good (reasons for that was he was always bad mouthing his ex and I was just saying she is bad for him if she makes him feel that way) he got back with her and said I was a nasty person for bad mouthing her.

So my personality changed for the worse and gets worse year by year so is there any way it can get better?
    This is a very long post erm but in answer to your last question you need to divert your attention and energies into things like hobbies and things you know you are good at. Speak to your GP and see if there are any other services in your area for people with mental health problems and/or support for people with aspergers, maybe someone like an occupational therapist could help to guide you in a more positive direction.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 31, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.